Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Faulkner

Tab Hunter, Anthony Perkins Love Story To Become Film

Recommended Posts

From producers Zachary Quinto and J.J. Abrams (via THR). I always thought this would be a great film. Casting suggestions?

 

The true story of the secret love affair between two of the most popular leading men of Hollywood's Golden Age is heading to the big screen.

 

The true story of the secret love affair between two of the most popular leading men of Hollywood's Golden Age, Tab Hunter and Anthony Perkins, is heading to the big screen thanks to Zachary Quinto and J.J. Abrams.

 

Titled Tab & Tony, the Paramount drama is based on Hunter’s first-person account of his struggle to come to terms with his sexual orientation in 1950s Hollywood, an era in which being openly gay was taboo.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JJ Abrams? Ew. Why? If he's involved it can't be good.

 

Perkins' life was a mess. How far are they going to go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

JJ Abrams? Ew. Why? If he's involved it can't be good.

 

Perkins' life was a mess. How far are they going to go?

I think it’s just going to cover the ‘50s. It’s based on Tab’s memoir, and Tab’s partner Allan Glaser is also a producer. I watched Tab’s documentary on Netflix, and there was an interesting story about Anthony stealing a role (in “Fear Strikes Out”) from Tab while they were still in a relationship.

Edited by Faulkner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

I think it’s just going to cover the ‘50s. It’s based on Tab’s memoir, and Tab’s partner Allan Glaser is also a producer. I watched Tab’s documentary on Netflix, and there was an interesting story about Anthony stealing a role (in “Fear Strikes Out”) from Tab while they were still in a relationship.

 

I always thought that was an odd role for Perkins. Now it makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

 

I always thought that was an odd role for Perkins. Now it makes sense.

I’d never seen it. I suppose Tab would make more sense as a star athlete, but I figured Anthony would be good at the mental unraveling part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×