Tab Hunter, Anthony Perkins Love Story To Become Film

Faulkner

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it’s just going to cover the ‘50s. It’s based on Tab’s memoir, and Tab’s partner Allan Glaser is also a producer. I watched Tab’s documentary on Netflix, and there was an interesting story about Anthony stealing a role (in “Fear Strikes Out”) from Tab while they were still in a relationship.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Anthony Perkins was also in a relationship with Stephen Sondheim.  They planned luxury scavenger hunts for their friends in New York with limousines to whisk teams around town.  These games became the basis for their only screenplay together, The Last of Sheila.  It's a great early 70's roman a clef/mystery/drama/comedy, highly recommended.  Perkins was later a client of psychiatrist Eugene Landy who is accused of messing up Brian Williams from the Beach Boys as dramatized in the great movie Grace of My Heart.  So, a lot of this material has been already been rich fodder for film/  

• Members

Wait, did they announce ZQ as playing Perkins? According to the article I posted he’s just producing, and they are searching for actors to play the parts, unless there’s been an update I missed. I agree he’d be miscast if he played Perkins himself.

Archived