February 27 - March 3, 2006

R!ck

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, AMC hasn't actually fallen in a month... been 2.8 for all of sweeps.... AMC has been doing really well.

I have found the show extremely boring for the past month or so... do others feel the same? Its just I can't get into the wqhole teen scene, except Luke's story.... everything else to me is kind of a snooze.

• Members

You think that's bad? I had a little over a month of ATWT saved on tape by the time Christmas rolled around and it was heck trying to get through that! :( Now, I try to keep up with the show on a regular basis and I think it's more interesting now than last year but there are still some major snoozer storylines.

• Members

God LOOK at DAYS numbers :(

Happy to see them still #1 in 18-34 and #3 in Male Viewers, but ouch to the -.3 drop in 18-34...they need to AT LEAST hold onto #1 in that demo.

Glad to see them up, even if it is only 4000, in viewers. 2.5 is AWFULLY low for HH...they deserve better, the show is so good and has been all year.

• Members

Although, optimistically, one could say that at least ATWT is consistent, only having a .2 difference between the high and low for the week. Realistically, ATWT not too long ago was the No. 3 soap on the air and has now sunk down to a either a 6th place tie or 7th. Worse, ATWT isn't showing any signs of making this a temporary situation.

If the situation doesn't improve, expect some behind-the-scenes shake-ups to occur. Possible changes at executive producer and head writer may be in order. Exec. Prod. Chris Goutman has been at the helm of ATWT for close to 7 years now, since Proctor & Gamble transfered him from NBC's "Another World" following that soaps cancellation in 1999. (Only Ted Corday has served as executive producer longer - 9 years; and the longest serving since Laurence Caso left after 7 years in 1995.) Head Writer Jean Passanante has been with ATWT as either head writer or associate writer since 2001 after serving as head writer or co-head writer on "All My Children", "One Life to Live" and "Another World". Since both these executives have been the series for several years, P&G may see the need for "new blood".

If such firings do occur, I would recommend that P&G (or CBS, which ever has the most authority) hire veteran producer Gary Tomlin. Tomlin had previously ran "All My Children", the defunct "Sunset Beach" and briefly "One Life to Live". Tomlin also has a writer's background - having penned "Search for Tomorrow" as well as "Another World" and its short-lived "Dallas"-inspired spin-off "Texas". Another candidate could be Pam Long who has never been a daytime producer, but has written for "Search", OLTL, "Santa Barbara", "Guiding Light" and the final months of "Texas" where she gained acclaim for improving the doomed series.

As for an impending vacancy in the writer's room, P&G could attempt to repair its (rumored strained) relationship with ex-head writer Hogan Sheffer who rescued ATWT from doldrums in 2000 and exited in a controversal way in 2005 (was he fired or quit during a medical leave?).

CBS and P&G need to act quickly, especially if no improvement is shown soon so as to minimize any damage leaving the current regime in place may cause.

• Members

I'm disappointed by ATWT's numbers. I'm not entirely satisfied with it's numbers, but the show deserves to be higher. Compared to some of the shows above it, I like most of ATWT's stories. It's just pacing I mostly have aproblem with. I'm fed up with having a highly entertaining week, and then a boring week the next.

Ugh GL. I thought A-M's ITL episode was pretty good.

• Members

Mitch, I know I have already said it earlier, but I will say it again. With all the advancements and improvements they have made, I hope Corday and JER will have the courage to wait things out. I think if they will stay the course and keep with it, Days audience will come back and new viewers will jump on.

The show is better than it has been in a long time. Unfortunately in the past when things have gotten better and the ratings waivered a little or the fan bases yelled, JER and Corday gave in and changed things. I just hope they don't this time.

• Members

Steve you are right on again. These numbers aren't horrible really. I am hoping they get a boost this week since there was good stuff with Lumi, Carrie and Austin, and especailly John and Marlena. If not for this past week, the week coming up should have great numbers with everything going on (plus the NCAA tourney preempting CBS Thurs and Fri) and then you have the Shimi wedding the following week. Ratings should start popping for Days. I think people will start getting into as far as the ratings go in the summer when they are home. Beleive me if they keep this sort of quality up the ratings will jump no doubt. They just need to stay the course-March numbers are typically bad for NBC anyway.

Archived