Sign in to follow this  
Soapsuds

2018 Daytime Emmy Awards Thread

1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said:

I honestly don't think she was saying much of anything about CK, except to acknowledge that she once played her TV daughter.

She did, however invite Bryton to drop by and Bryton accepted the invite and retweeted this.

I just remember she use to tweet about how rude CK was and never “embraced her race” or something like that....she always thought she was miscast as her “tv daughter” and always called Davetta her REAL “tv daughter”

5 hours ago, dragonflies said:

Mariah is Cassie's twin, so if we count that, then David Canary as Adam/Stuart on the same show, two separate roles

I meant at the same time - Canary played Adam/Stuart at the same time, Grimes played Cassie and Mariah in isolation with no overlap. Her Emmy's were won for different characters and didn't require her playing a dual role. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

3 hours ago, BetterForgotten said:

I meant at the same time - Canary played Adam/Stuart at the same time, Grimes played Cassie and Mariah in isolation with no overlap. Her Emmy's were won for different characters and didn't require her playing a dual role. 

I think the only other performers who have won for playing twins concurrently are Ellen Wheeler and Anne Heche as AW's Vicky and Marley. Am I right?

8 hours ago, amybrickwallace said:

I think the only other performers who have won for playing twins concurrently are Ellen Wheeler and Anne Heche as AW's Vicky and Marley. Am I right?

Julianne Moore, who at times played Frannie/Sabrina Hughes, sometimes separately, somethings concurrently won in 1988, the year she left the show, for Best Ingenue, which later became the Best Younger Actress category.

5 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Julianne Moore, who at times played Frannie/Sabrina Hughes, sometimes separately, somethings concurrently won in 1988, the year she left the show, for Best Ingenue, which later became the Best Younger Actress category.

How could I have forgotten Julianne Moore? Thanks!!

On 5/1/2018 at 1:56 PM, amybrickwallace said:

How could I have forgotten Julianne Moore? Thanks!!

I’m being a bit pedantic here but Frannie and Sabrina weren’t twins.  They had different mothers (Jennifer and Kim, which made them cousins, as well as half-sisters, lol).

9 minutes ago, jam6242 said:

I’m being a bit pedantic here but Frannie and Sabrina weren’t twins.  They had different mothers (Jennifer and Kim, which made them cousins, as well as half-sisters, lol).

So maybe Moore is closer to Erika Slezak territory. Some of Vicki's "alters" were related.