Y&R April 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sick to death of both Hilary and Devon AS A COUPLE.  Devon has been a cardboard actor since he was introduced.  It's not the writing either.  No matter who writes, he's like the original Ridge on B&B.  It's bland and cardboard.  Hilary, MM I'd give a chance...but it's always the same backbiting non-sense writing for her motives, what she should want, vs. what's been written for her.  I'll give her a chance.  People talk Chemistry....Bryton McClure (when he arrived as a child) vs. Bryton James or whatever.  Nothing changes.  If people on Y&R were looking to recast....they should really look at Devon...it's been necessary for awhile.  He's bland, no emotion, I don't see any chemistry between him and anyone on this show. I'll duck, but I'll stand by that.  And as a Billionaire....Devon lays down with that?  LOLLLLL.  I'll take Hilary....but Devon can go. 

• Members

I find him very average as well. Again with the pancake... I don't know, I see a lot of guys that look like him roaming around during Pride and they are not my thing. I would say Noah would be more my speed.

I agree with you here. I have said before that Devon is cardboard character and it's not the writing, Bryton James just seems uninterested. Hilary is pulling all the weight with them even through her bullshit writing.

I agree with you here. I have said before that Devon is cardboard character and it's not the writing, Bryton James just seems uninterested. Hilary is pulling all the weight with them even through her bullshit writing.

• Members

I always get his name incorrect.  Victor St. Lawrence or Lawrence St. Victor from Guiding Light - he's now on B&B  - not given any kind of part - the guy is great looking, talented and give him a shot.  The last guy that played "nate" looked older than Victor or Lawrence.  I really don't know his name but this guy has written some episodes for B&B or directed or something.  That's your guy. 

Oh.  Yes. 

• Members

If he is so "great looking and talented" it stands to reason he wouldn't be wasted....and yet he is.

But keep blaming Black actors for the systemic racism of the genre.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

And this would change things with Hilary's story how?  Seems the exact same story, pigeon hole, hindrance to me. With a character who would probably be written the exact same way as Devon and Neil albeit probably taller and much darker in skin tone. Seems the objection to Hilary's story isn't so much the writing but who she's romantically paired up with. Now I question every complaint you've made about Hilary's writing. I should have done that when you suggested JOE CLARK. Silly me. 

Nice chest! 

Archived