Y&R February 2018 Discussion

• Members

Fair.

But you can't criticize someone's work constantly, and then take credit for something you might have pitched years ago. Just give credit where it's due, without the half hearted attempt. 

With that said, I'm just enjoying the show for what it is. And right now, it's enjoyable on a day to day basis. In terms of longevity at its pace, I can admit it might not be sustainable. I'd hate for it to become like FOX's Empire in terms of story-telling (admittedly I gave up on the show).

Yeah I agree. The Nick/Joshua Morrow hate is weird. The guy can be lazy, but for the most part JM steps up when the occasion calls. I also find his scenes opposite Eric Braeden to be some of his best work.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You've never been in a film criticism workshop have you?  

Please register in order to view this content

I didn't realize there were rules for critiquing the show on this board.  I guess I'll remain silent on all of it. 

Wow, getting one's work critiqued is a part of the writing process. I'm glad I'm not as sensitive as some folks are.  But hey, I'll definitely censor myself and likely post a lot less from now on.  There's just no interest in passively watching, at least not for me.

• Members

Speak your mind. I don't understand the notion of me telling you to leave as it would be highly silly, nor do I think you should. I don't post here often enough for you to base your decision on my posts either way.

It sounds like you view this show as a film workshop, where you have to look for faults and be critical. That is fine if it is your viewing pleasure. As someone looking at the final product, I'm not as highly critical nor negative, because I think there's a fine line and I also think we have enough of both in today's world.  

• Members

You know, if we're going to go off the edge and get nuts.  I was so hoping someone would remember that Chloe had that upstairs room, by the "secret passageway"  and when that bag of money came falling out, it being Chloe, and her turn around "Hey.  Remember me?"  And have  it be a stash of Victor's Money that he paid to her.  "And I have your husband".  "Were you looking for this?" If we're going to go down the slow alley to hell, let's go do it. 

• Members

That's nice. Here's a question: Have we stumbled onto your personal Facebook feed? Or are you on an Internet message board discussing television?

If you're looking for genial statements of uncritical conviviality, buy a Precious Moments figurine. Or sit down, scroll past and move on with your life.

Archived