Your daily (or nightly) thought

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Same. I also stand as far away from the tracks as possible (against a wall if there is one) and stay particularly vigilant when I’m on those tiny platforms that some stations have. I saw this on Reddit: “those little nooks along the wall are for workers to stand in when the train goes by. (Unless there is red and white striping, that means no clearance.) Press yourself in as tight as you can, with your hands pressed palm out against the sides. Shout for help, and hopefully someone will notify the station before the train comes through.”

• Members

^^ Good point. I'm so wrapped up in this lawsuit that my constant thought is revenge and I'm going after them with both barrels blazing. Instead, I should reflect on my experience and live by the acronym of "HOPE". Which means: Hearing Other People's Experiences

No, I'm a true believer in that because I believe that our experiences in life (whether if they are detrimental or moments of joy) can help benefit others down the road. For me, I guess if there is a way to help someone who have newly experienced life-threatening trauma, I can kind of guide them of what to do at that moment with resources and what they need to do down the road. More importantly, what to possibly expect during the preparation process.

You know what? I need to take some deep breaths, open up the next chapter, and look forward to a new start. I'm already working out at the gym with really cute gym attire and I think after the lawsuit settlement, I think I'll get married at A Little White Chapel in Las Vegas. Joan Collins and Jennifer Lopez got married there.

Edited by Noel