Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks for the update! 

I'm glad. During the EW Angel reunion, CC was seated next to him. They seemed to have a friendly and positive working relationship, judging by their interaction and comments.

Edited by Cat

• Members

I don't know if I would say together, but following the Dr. Phil storm out, he did do a follow up episode if I'm not mistaken to deal with his demons. Seem in a better place the last few years. 

@Cat So you never saw S5 YOU'RE WELCOME? That was prime Cordelia Chase...and regardless of the situation...very well done IMHO. Charisma post-baby body was perfection and gave new meaning after Season 4 to the phrase revenge body.

That said...I've been meaning to step in here when this dropped a week ago and a friend of mine who became a big fan of BUFFY and knew I was one dropped the tweets on me. As a ANGEL fan, I had heard about what happened during Season 4. It was nice to FINALLY have it confirmed. Wow. It was a case for me of you don't know what you got until it's gone and Charisma Carpenter was that for me. Loved her in the shows and how she is one of the few characters that got a complete arc. I loved her in VERONICA MARS even if it was a bit of typecasting. And my aforementioned friend knew me well enough to know I would want to know of any new things she was in in case I missed it (I'm binging the CW show PANDORA partly cuz she makes an appearance I heard). 

As a fan, yeah it hurts. But I guess for me I am much much older now than I was then. Buffy and Angel I was in high school and leaving for college. I have fun memories. But over the years, I definitely don't have Joss on a pedestal like I used to. He is too messy and problematic. So hearing confirmed what he did on Angel Season 4 which could have been a great season...kinda is...is disgusting.

Does not take away from my love of ANGEL. Or DOLLHOUSE. Or FIREFLY. Not sure if I could sit through BUFFY at the moment. But it's good I can seperate his work from the man. 

I loved Charisma's statement and why she did it. I love that so many of the cast have come out to support. And I hope nothing, but the best for all of them. Because it is a brave and the RIGHT thing to do.

And as for Joss? I feel something big is coming and his days are numbered.