DAYS: October 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not sure, but there's been a steady decline in the number of younger actors on soaps in the past decade or so. (Look at how embarrassing the younger actor Emmy nominees are each year, even compared to the other diminished categories.) Maybe it's because of budget and declines in the younger demos. I'd guess a lot of it is because so many soaps have been cancelled, and the few remaining shows started poaching established soap hunks, leaving little room/budget for newbies? Again, that's a wild guess.

• Members

I'm a stan for Dee, but I think what's been off is that there's an inflection in Hattie's voice that is sometimes missing. It helps distinguish Marlena vs. FauxMarlena. Meanwhile, I think Judi Evans has been excellent at slipping back into Bonnie's shoes, even though I absolutely detested the character the first time around. I'm enjoying the Bonnie/Adrienne doppelganger story, even though it's a total rewrite that Bonnie is an exact replica of Adrienne. 

• Members

Yeah, she was on the last 5 seconds of the show. She was the cliffhanger. She showed up as Paul and John were about to dig up Will's grave. The look on Paul's face when he got caught by Sami......LOL

I also enjoyed the Nicole/Brady scenes....

• Members

Today's show was pretty good.

Brady is definitely Victor's grandson. Lawd he's taken a turn and I LOVE it. He was ugly. Meanwhile, talking about ugly, lawd what WAS that on Nicole's head?

Love anytime Eric and Marlena have scenes.

Also enjoyed Paul and John.

The JJ/Abby/Thomas scenes were sweet and interesting they threw in about JJ having kids

Please register in order to view this content

and Hope not wanting to regret letting JJ come back. The anvils were dropping today.

Solid episode.

I was SO ready for Alison Sweeney and Sami to be off my screen by the time she left but I have to admit I'm excited for her return. And it helps it's just a couple of months. Loved Sami catching John and Paul.

• Members

Great week of episodes.  Kudos to Rebecca Taylor McCarty for two brilliant scripts Wed/Thurs. She made palatable the discussions among Roman/Marlena/Kate/John about all the times Rolf did crazy crap like create aliens!  Brady finally doing to Nicole what should have been done a long time ago. She's a slutty train wreck and deserves neither Eric or Brady.  Love the actress, hate the new "Walk Like An Egyptian" hairdo but Nicole's character needs a multi year absence from Salem.  Carlivati has handled it expertly so far.  Deidre's water works get me every time. Crying over gay Will and Kate touching her cheek. Love it.  Judy Evans bringing it home and John Anniston is such a master class actor.  His Bonnie scenes should be submitted for Emmy.  I hope he's around a long time. What a gem. 

But why is Sal Stowers still on the show?  And most of Friday, Hope was in sleeveless dress then in one scene with JJ she's put the sweater on.  LOL.  Bad outfit choice Commish.  And what's with letting hot JJ go for his violent policy brutality? Tsk Tsk Hope.  

• Members

I agree that the past week had solid eps. Nothing too exciting but the dialogue was great and the interactions of characters (Kate,Roman ,Marlena, and John, Chloe and Julie, Abby and JJ Friday) were great. I hope with Sami's return things pick up the pace a bit next week. 

Archived