• Members

Re: SAG

Ensemble: Everything Everywhere All At Once

Male Actor: Brendan Fraser, The Whale

Female Actor: Michelle Yeoh, Everything Everywhere All At Once

Male Supporting Actor: Ke Huy Quan, Everything Everywhere All At Once

Female Supporting Actor: Jamie Lee Curtis, Everything Everywhere All At Once

• Administrator

I'm happy Michelle won but I too was distracted by that thing on her dress hitting the mic.  LOL  It was great to see James Hong give a speech when EEAAO won.  He's just one of those character actors you see in so many things but never know his name.  94 years old and still dancing on the stage! 

So I guess this pretty much ends the race for Best Picture, right?  I can't see any other film upsetting EEAAO by not winning any of the major precursors (SAG, DGA, PGA).

• Members

Jamie Lee Curtis is so extra. She will not let the “nepo baby” thing go.

EEAAO seems like the frontrunner, but there’s something about this year that feels a bit unsettled. I dunno, maybe it’s just me hoping this year is less predictable than years past. We shall see how the full Academy responds. SAG really went for career wins and sentimental favorites (Fraser, JLC, Quan), while the Academy might end up veering closer to BAFTA.

• Members

Dark thought of the evening.  Given its recent history we can bet that The Oscars will forget to include someone for the In Memoriam segment, resulting in the usual social media rigamarole.

I was wondering who is most likely to be passed over this year.  The excuse is usually that the actor was famous, but not a member of the academy.  So, my forecast for this year is that they'll fail to include either Olivia Newton-John (who may have been a member since she attended in the past, but is famous enough that people would notice her omission) or someone a bit more obscure like Adam Rich or Melinda Dillon. I doubt that they'd forget Raquel Welch or Burt Bacharach.

Edited by j swift

• Members

This isn’t film per se, but I found Jennifer Coolidge’s little anecdote about her father taking her to a Charlie Chaplin festival moving. It’s a very Jennifer Coolidge speech, meaning that it’s a bit halting and chaotic, but that’s the gal we love:

Edited by Faulkner

• 2 weeks later...