Film Awards Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Once Jamie Lee Curtis won the SAG award I thought her chances at the Oscar rose incredibly.

Ultimately, she and Angela Bassett were both vying for ‘career’ Oscars where a body of work is rewarded, on top of the specific nominated performance. She deserved to win for ‘What’s Love Got To Do With It’ and I’m sorry she didn’t win tonight. 

But I am also happy for Jamie Lee Curtis.

This telecast is incredibly long winded and boring. 

• Members

Very happy for Sarah Polley, who I've adored since we were both little in her days of Terry Gilliam's Adventures of Baron Munchausen and Ramona on PBS, all the way through Go, Splice and now her directorial career.

• Members

It's funny that so many of the nominees commented on the carpet that this was then end of long journey and that they would miss their peers.  Because, if you think about they've spent most weekends together since the Globes in January.  I have close friends that I've probably not seen as often than Jamie Lee Curtis has hung out with Angela Bassett this winter.

Edited by j swift

• Members

So far Twitter seems to notice that Tom Sizemore and Robert Blake were missing from the In Memoriam. 

To be fair, they are fairly recent and both were controversial (obviously to different degrees).

Remember when they started instructing the audience not to respond until the end because some people would garner more reaction than others?  It's like when they changed from "the winner is" to "the Oscar goes to", it seems so natural now, but was a big deal at the time.

Edited by j swift

• Members

EEAAO won 7; AQOTWF won 4. Some love for Women Talking, Top Gun Maverick, The Whale, Avatar, etc., but Tár and Elvis were completely shut out. As was The Fabelmans. I also realized The Banshees of Inisherin won zip.

Maybe I’m getting older but these award ceremonies are feeling more and more like slogs. They’ve always been boring, but this was torturous IMO. Even with some nice speeches.

Edited by Faulkner

• Administrator

So happy for EEAAO. It’s a family movie with action, humour, heart, silliness/weirdness. Can’t believe a movie with hot dog fingers won Best Picture.

Please register in order to view this content

Loved the movie!   So, who is going to get to the Daniels first, DC or Marvel? They’re definitely going to get offers from them.