Film Awards Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I saw that too. It’s not a shocker to see that sentiment expressed given what we know about Academy voters. I still don’t entirely buy that Viola and Danielle were simply left off due to race, but of course, it always has to be factored in.

• Members

These Oscar ballots often get attention for such controversial comments, but the EW comments go much further than usual. The comments from the "actor" are tough to get through. The crassness makes me appreciate more how Hollywood Reporter manages their pieces.

• Members

I love Jamie and I think her performance in the controversial (but IMO very good) recent Halloween trilogy is award-worthy. I'm glad she's nominated finally, but she shouldn't win for this - it should go to Angela Bassett. Everything else, I am fine with EEAAO sweeping it. Michelle Yeoh and Ke Huy Quan richly deserve it. That being said I think TÁR is the best of the year.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Ready for Yeoh and Ke to take it, followed by hopefully Angela (but Stephanie Hsu would be great too).

My favorite film of the year is still TÁR - endlessly fascinating - but EEAAO deserves plenty and Michelle Yeoh being fully realized as a serious leading actor in the West in addition to being HK royalty is overdue.

Edited by Vee

• Members

The actual red carpet interviews are killing me.

Tell me why Ashley Greene needed to look at her card to remember to say, "Have a great time tonight"?  And Liza Koshy is the most mannered, least authentic, entertainment reporter in the history of the genre.  And that's a lot for an industry that includes Billy Bush.

Also, from feathered trains that look like bird tails to over-skirts and detached sleeves, why do this year's dresses look like someone said, "for a buck extra you can get a free add-on"?

Edited by j swift