Y&R: Sally Sussman and Kay Alden OUT, Mal Young IN

• Members

A loyal following of two: you and your alter ego 'Jerry'. Seriously, man, I'm gonna keep saying this in every reply to your posts: get a life. Run away with 'Jerry'. Have a torrid romance. Anything that keeps you away from your keyboard and the Jean and Shelly crap you obsessively post.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually I find it unprofessional to fight with fans on twitter. As long as they are not telling her off, she shouldnt just write off their opinions on GH history since fans have more history with GH then Jean ever has.

• Members

As much as these underdeveloped newbies water everything down, I'll take some of them (Ravi, Tessa, Scott if they can decide how to portray him) over Kevin, Chloe, and some half-baked new Adam with a brand new personality. Here's an idea: flesh out Ravi, Tessa, and Scott while axing Chelsea, recasting Abby and possibly Noah. Or just give Noah a personality transplant and new damn haircut. His hair looks like the bill of a baseball cap turned straight up and he won't change it. But anyway...

• Members

According to Giddings, whilst ( abed unbeknownst to) KA/SSM were busy trying to get YR steady, Young was busy writing his own 6 month SL arc for the show, which will air in a couple of months

Hopefully we r done with years long cries for de olé Bell/Alden days.  They tried it, I liked it, others not so much, on to just making YR a good show 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

They didn't really try it, though. They gave it like a month and a half of the old Y&R sensibility coupled with paint that just wouldn't dry. When I was young, Y&R was slow but not unexciting. I mean, come on.. David Kimble in the trash compactor.

• Members

+1

It was smoke and mirrors. Sally wasn't capable of writing classic Y&R. That would take a writer who knew what she was doing. She wrote 3 week arc stories and gave lead stories to her pets instead of those she promised on her interviews. She is another hack writer who failed and got fired.

• Members

Oh give me a break they had 8 months. She had one good episode the Abbot breakfast. She had a couple good episodes with the Chloe reveal that was an old Pratt story. She basically had no stories just situations. Bill Bell had stories like David Kimble ans Sheila. They were long and drawn out but compelling. The Lauren/Gloria was compelling. They were given time and people didnt show up. Lost ratings means lost revenue. Mal actually has a game plan. I just think he needs another co exec producer to help but otherwise they had to go.

• Members

Not buying it since the show started off horribly under Sally. She wanted Gloria back and rehired her. Then she proceeded to give Lauren's story that she praised and raved about in her interview to Gloria. The story was never about Lauren and it didn't change her either. Pure lies from Sally.

Archived