frequentsoapfan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

^

The books are good. I enjoyed them. 

Seeing the reviews on here about this project scares me. I was gonna shell out the money to see it, but I'll pass. I can only stretch my interests so far and I cannot do low budget TV like that. 

Sucks b/c I always expressed that this project could've been huge had she gotten the right backing and right people behind her. Why didn't she try BET or TVOne seeing as she stays doing original movies for them?

• Members

Neither network has the money to seriously invest in scripted content.

It took OWN years to become viable and they have Oprah.

The fact that she got it done when desperate trolls said she never would is a major win.

• Members

Not true. BET is investing in nothing but scripted content. The Quad, Being Mary Jane, Tales, Rebel... They have approximately 3 new scripted series allegedly about to pop up next year. BET has the money. TVOne has done tons of original, scripted programming too. They have a soapy drama called Media that's supposed to make it's return some time soon, as it premiered as a TV movie earlier this year. 

I do think it is a major win that she got the task completed, but I know she is intelligent enough where she could've gotten swayed one of them.

She might've did pitch to them ... or didn't. Did she ever reveal that? 

Also, Vicki might've gotten the greenlight from these networks but possibly wanted too much. There's many factors that could've come into play. 

I'm just saying that it's odd she didn't get picked up by BET or TVOne when she stars in so many of their original TV movies. 

• Members

Of course "politics" could've gotten in the way - or the script that she presented them just sucked (I can't judge this, since I haven't seen it). Or she asked for too much money (not likely considering the obscure channel she went with) - either way she didn't exactly go to this no-budget channel as a first-choice. It was probably her only choice.

Archived