GH Drops Soap Vet

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Execs don't lie, huh?  Why survey JT if they would not consider replacing him?  

I remember when Frank was at OLTL and it was rumored that Fiona (Gabrielle) was getting fired.  Frank swore that was not true and Fiona was not going anywhere.  Three weeks later, she lie dead in Bo's arms.  

• Members

Tony Geary pretty much spilled the info that we all already knew.  Guza was writing with strong input from Tony, Maurice, and Steve.  Once JFP was out, and replaced by Frank and Ron, things started changing.

At first during their tenure, the show became more of an ensemble without a huge focus on just Sonny/Jason.  We all saw the McBain/Sam thing coming.  Steve wanted to be treated like the star of the show.  With the ear of the executive producer.  Those days were over.

He was also burned out, and everyone thought the show would not be around within a year.

But I never got any impression Frank didn't want him or the character.  He just wanted to not cater to him.  I get the feeling there was more ego at this show than at OLTL, and less of that it's all for the good of the show teamwork.

I wonder if Steve will now be relieved.  He had to try pretty hard to try to make Dylan happen.  He can just ease back in to Jason.

• Members

I am respectful but I am also exasperated. You have a version of events you are committed to believing, but it's not the truth and it's not binary. You see any discussion of this in terms more complex than one person wanting Steve gone vs. wanting him around as being about excusing someone - it's not. The fact is Frank wanted to keep Steve but make him do things his way. Steve left. And both are bad for the show.

• Members

Well, to be fair to Angie McD ... technically as that post he's not going anywhere

Please register in order to view this content

LOL. Curious to see if JT does end up exiting. My guess is Miller stays on GH and Burton's Borg returns. Frank must be loving the thought.

And yes, GH wasn't cancelled in 2012 because they didn't have a replacement. Frank keeps the show cheap.

Guess Elliott and Budig's salaries are paying for the Borg. And I'm guessing ME will go too. Too bad they didn't let RH go as well. And DeVry. And Stafford. Those all could save them a few bucks. Jillian and Ninugh and Franco are all pointless wastes.

Archived