Y&R: April 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To be honest, Sharon had a lot of airtime in 2016 and early 2017...so I like that she's in the background.

I'm cautious about the return of the real Sharon...cause Altman started to have Sharon revert to her old self...and then the electric shock story happened...and then Pratt...ugh.

If she's still acting like herself in acting ear...then I'll give credit to SSM.

• Members

Y&R was pretty good this past week. still needs some work......but hopefully this Nikki "Oh I hate you now but give me 3 days and I'll forgive you" might last for awhile. Victor is in a prison of his own making.....reminds me of the series finale of The Shield. and like the conversation between Jack and Gloria. maybe she has FINALLY realized how badly she fucked up her kids lives...ad that they made something of themselves in spite of it. 

• Members

Done with the week and I have to say I thought it was good and Chloe fallout has been good so far.

Love Nikki like this. Hope it thinks for a bit.

I like that Jack/Gloria scene as well. It has been nice to see Gloria being low key and showing emotional depth.

My problem so far has been that I can see clearly what the A story is, but is there even a B/C story. I mean Reed/Tessa I would say C for sure. But B...?

• Members

IA about Jack/Gloria, especially Gloria. she needs to be low key and stop with the overacting. I do like the Reed/Tessa SL but the B stories do need for fleshing out IMPO. Ashley/Ravi is still at the same place it was 2 months ago. and now you see Jack is wanting to use Abby to get revenge once again on Victor. He's the Cliff Barnes of GC. I do like Victor being on the outs with his family.....but I know it won't last. I will enjoy it while it does. it seems like Victor will show emotional debt when he is alone, but once around family he goes back to being "TGVN". and I also liked how Nick hypocritically called out Nikki to Vicki.......:How long will it be before she starts trying to get us to forgive him?" aye Nick....how many times have he's said he was done with Victor only to take him back?

• Members

How many folks are they going to chem test Scott with? Full make out scenes half naked with Phyllis? Really? It just seems they wanted to show him as sexy and felt like Phyllis was the easiest mark. Same thing they did for Jordan with Hilary. 

• Members

I have a feeling that someone is working VERY hard to find the right partner for Scott in order to justify hiring that particular actor; and that, if no magic occurs, so to speak, he'll be shown the door.

• Members

The character has no driving purprose to be on canvas. Sorry but drinking Tequila with TGVN and writing a boring bio isn't enough. Victor has been on canvas for almost 40 years - nothing shocking will be revealed by bio to audience or to the characters. The story is DOA. At least get him on The Hillary Show ft Mariah. Instead he just sits around Lauren's place or coffee house usually eating or drinking - a lot of drinking scenes with him. 

• Members

Which made NO sense given the character. If anything their positions should've been reversed.

Y&R had a good thing going when they had Scott doing candid interviews with the Newmans and Victor's friends and enemies which had the potential for really good story (Scott letting it slip to Abby & Nick that Victoria has less than charitable opinions of Abby's new business sense & Nick's work ethic would've been a much more organic way to stoke Newman sibling rivalry) but as usual they ignored character based writing for tedious chem tests for relationships that don't need to happen.

Archived