Y&R Character Returns

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's been implied although we've been spared from seeing them together. Gloria doesn't need to be involved with Dina bonding with her granddaughter or butting heads with Ashley though, that was all I was saying.

I wonder if Jack gets caught with Gloria and has to step down, though? I'm wondering how Ashley ends up in charge.

If Jack has to step down, there's even less of a reason for Gloria to be there. Jack hired Gloria, but Ashley didn't.

• Members

This will surely increase the audience 18-34.  NOT.  Sally and Kay are not being very smart if they want to keep their jobs.  Love that they want to try to reestablish the older set i.e. Jill but Jill, Gloria and Dina coming into focus when Sally can't make a decent story for Chelsea, Chloe, Hilary, Billy, Ash...hmmm..  Pink slip time

• Members

Is the Y&R fanbase the only one who doesn't like too see older characters being relevant?  I mean, even young people like older ones and vice-versa.  Finally, you can't calculate art.  You just can't say that a character would be a turnoff to 18-34 because the character isn't 18-34.. That is an idea made up, or at least popularized by, companies.  It isn't true.  Its a fail-safe.  It is why daytime is dying/dead.  When you alienate the older audience the younger people wouldn't know of there existence because daytime is rarely able to grab in new viewers via just promotional materials.

Further, Dina, as it sounds, could create drama and tension.  Isn't that something you and every other person here beleive the show is lacking?

• Members

I'm a baby boomer and love seeing vets.  Despite how bad Days can get, I have given props to Higley this last year for using the vets in multiple ways.  Sometimes, the vets are the only draw for me on a show.  I personally dislike GH mostly but when Laura is on I sometimes tune in. And If Jelly would give Anna a great story I'd tune in more. But my criticism of Sally is that she's so far been unable to come up with compelling character portrayal or story turns.  I feel she's even botched the Jill heart thing.  The actors and script writers are trying to heighten the drama with the crumbs their given, or they overact the hysterical, insta-drama Sally gives them.  It's just disappointing that the show is going down this road.  Plus, they clearly have lost some studio real estate as the sets are smaller and it was painful to see those Kay flashbacks when Jill was reading the letter.  They ruined the Chancellor mansion.

• Members

Is this just a short term thing ? Maybe to kill Dina off? Or will she reveal some Abbott family secret?

Marla is 78 so not sure if she'd be up to a regular gig.

I always had in my mind that she had hooked with her grandson Keemo and they work together to cause trouble...

Archived