Y&R: February 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Anyway...the Colin/Jill scenes were painful for me to sit through.  Parts of it weren't all bad (Katherine) but the majority could have been done in 1/2 the time the show gave them today.  Are there really fans of this couple that warrants this kind of ending (hopefully) for them?!? 

Why did it take so long for Sharon to apologize to Nikki about the Milk Incident?  It seemed odd, her just showing up at the main house - there should have been a phone call or something prior to that meeting.  It was awkward.  Just sayin.

I really like Reed, and given the opportunity I think he and AH/Victoria could have some good scenes together if not for Billy. 

Maybe they will give Noah something to do now that he found some cracks as to why Dylan left town?  I think that he and Mariah would be great story, investigating what really happened and come across something that they didn't expect to find.  They both have a valid reason to be looking.

• Members

For Traci yes and it made sense due to Ashley being her sister (and John's favorite), but I thought the writing was very fair for Nina. When Ryan cheated on her with Tricia you had Jill trying to get her in the fat farm and saying she let herself go which is why he left her, but that's really all I remember. For the most part Nina got the sexy love interests and IMO was written like any soap vixen from the wrong side of the tracks. I loved pretty much everything Nina did except that exit story she had.

• Members

I don't think there is a double standard. At least not on this board. Male and female actors are ripped to shreds equally on this board IMO. If you're on TV you open yourself up to that kind of criticism. I wasn't too bothered by DG's body as much as I am with AH and her hideous hair and just overall looking like a drowned rat when she comes to work. 

Tyler, but we all saw how that ended up.

• Members

This show is so weird. Why all this attention on Jill and Colin and whatever their relationship is when we haven't seen him for months and the first time we do see him he's screwing her over. ARE we supposed to care? They're making Jill look like an idiot. She can do better

• Members

It's not about justifying it. You said you wouldn't expect people to do that to Nikki and my point is they do. Not just Nikki, but all the women on this show, so where have you been?

When it comes to critiquing soaps lots of things are subjective, I don't know how or why that would invalidate anyone's opinion. Quite the opposite. When things aren't subjective is when opinions are irrelevant. If the show is going to present someone to us as sexy people are going to have opinions on that. No point pearl clutching on that because it's not going to change.

Also, let's not pretend there isn't such a thing as conventional attractiveness. Almost everyone knows what it is when they see it and the people who cast for TV rarely miss the mark or deviate from it. Selling mostly conventional sex and attractiveness to people is how Hollywood makes it's money. Everyone involved in the industry know the deal and signs on to it to get their piece of the pie. If anything about this is going to change it's almost certainly going to have to come from the top down, since Hollywood created this basically toxic construct and unleashed it upon us in the first place. I won't be holding my breath.

• Members

Don't get me wrong, I loved Nina, and Bill Bell did Tricia Cast proud, but every story she had up to Kay Alden taking over involved feeling unworthy of a man's love and being manipulated or self-destructing for that reason. The Tricia story was a culmination of that and felt very grotesque to me for that reason - it was also one of the reasons I loathed Ryan, because of the constant suggestions to viewers that she was unworthy of him. 

• Members

Thats why I liked how once Alden took over...Nina dated a great looking guy for awhile.  There wad even one episode where she was sitting at crimson lights eith the guy and remembering her teen years (with flashbacks of her and chris)...while she saw Tricia looking insecure and unsure of herself...and said she was happy where she was now.  I thought it was a subtle way of showing that Nina was better off without ryan..and seeing tricia in the same boat reaffirmed that.

I recall the last few months of nina's original stint how much victoria tried to get her to intervene with ryan and tric8a..with Nina joking that they could all form a ryan mcneil's ex wives club.

I liked how alden mostly wrote nina better then how bill bell did...imho

• Members

Your opinion is wrong....LOL.  William J. Bell > Kay Alden.  Nina came from the streets. She never had a friend or any family to support her so of course she was going to met one loser after another. I am sure later on Bell would've had Nina met the great guy type. Alden is no where near Bell's league in writing. Shame on you for saying that....LOL

Ryan=Nick Newman....I could never stand Ryan M.  As Victor said...YOU ARE A PUNK....LOL....YOU RYAN McNeil......LOL

I couldnt stand the actor in the role either...of course it was no other than Mr. Melissa Reeves....LOL

I wish Nina shooting David was still on youtube.

• Members

I'm not the board's chief policeman.

I am not offended, I am not 'folks', I simply stated my opinion, pointing out I have the utmost respect for the posters over here. I asked a question in a non-confrontational way. My only goal was to have some healthy discussion -- are you able to have such a thing?

I have seen zero comments on MTS's size on this board. However, I'm not obsessed with reading every single post, and I have also put a few posters on ignore.

Fair enough, I see your point.

You can see some changes taking place with that curvy actress who's going to play Barbie for example. Marketing move? Maybe. But I think it would be nice if we as viewers set the example. I just thought the board was above that, but nevermind me waltzing in, I know this is slightly off-topic and pedantic, I guess it just mattered to me. 

Archived