Y&R January 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I barely remember when Joan Van Ark played Gloria, but I know that I've never liked Chapman.  It is her OTT way of acting.  She reminds me of Gloria Swanson playing Norma Desmond in Sunset Blvd.  I do admit that Peter Bergman as Jack is fine with me and I also think JM is just fine as Nick.  Not everyone on soaps is a true thespian.

• Members

I read the synopsis for Tues (US) but decide to watch. The show is just bad. Gloria repeat of sabotaging the family company is the best this regime can do? It made zero sense the first time and is even more illogical now - destroy the company so she can get a job at the expense of her son and DIL. I think I'm gonna go back to keeping up through reading dailies and hop back in if it ever get interesting again. 

• Members

Good shows so far this week

the best part of the Chlorine scenes was them getting interrupted, especially Gloria at the end LOL

I LOVE that Nick is still mentioning Sage, and still ain't just gonna forgive Sharon so quickly  LOL that Christian started crying when Noah suggested Nick forgive the BabyNapper! Christian ain't here for that mess

• Members

I quit the first time because this show bizarrely decided to hand the show over to 60+ year old Gloria 10 years ago. It made no sense then and makes no sense now and the things she's done since John's death will never ever make sense. She's willing to sabotage her already tenuous relationship with Michael and Lauren in order to get a job at a company owned by a man that hates her.

That. Makes. No. Sense.

I recall when McTavish and Malone took over AMC and OLTL respectively in 2003 they came in and really hit the grown running. There wasn't all this listlessness while they got their stories in order. I know Y&R is a totally different animal than the ABC soaps were but come on. You do not pull Judith Chapman out of storage and force her into a story where she serves no purpose.

How does that work? Put crow's feet on Josh Morrow? They need to let go of this 30 year old currently playing Noah and de-age the character.

• Members

She has no business being in this story. How long has she been gone? Joanna should be the one in Lauren's story.

The problem with JM is that he hasn't aged. He still looks like a punk kid with no acting skills ....IMO.

Hopefully, Mal Young is reading this board and realizing the mistake in stories and those involved.

Archived