DAYS: Corday Prods. files motion in Victoria Rowell case

• Members

CORDAY PRODUCTIONS RESPONDS TO VICTORIA ROWELL'S LAWSUIT...FILES SUMMARY JUDGMENT MOTION THAT SAYS SHE WAS "NOT THE RIGHT ACTRESS" FOR ROLE OF MELINDA TRASK

"Corday Productions has filed a summary judgment motion that asserts the decision not to cast [Victoria] Rowell had nothing to do with her advocacy. "Rather, Plaintiff – who has years of daytime drama experience and her own fan base – was not the right actress to play Melinda Trask, a minor, one-note character who appeared in only 20 episodes of DOOL," Corday's lawyers write. The motion relies on testimony from the casting director, Marnie Saitta, who felt the Melinda Trask character didn't have a lot of depth and so wouldn't be appropriate for Rowell. As for the soap star's advocacy work, Saitta apparently viewed it as a positive."

"Sony Pictures has also filed a motion for summary judgment on the basis that it is not a producer of Days of Our Lives and wasn't involved with the casting of the Melinda Trask role."

Read more in Hollywood Reporter's story...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/days-lives-producer-looks-beat-soap-stars-retaliation-lawsuit-957880

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I admit I didn't read the article

Please register in order to view this content

LOL

I can understand that. She probably feels like they blocked her intentionally after all the hubub with CBS/Sony, etc. But this isn't going to help her. JMO. Whether she's right or wrong in this.

And agreed that soap vets get small roles. Mattson and Gina Gallego on DAYS a few years ago, etc.

• Members

Marnie doing what she gotta do. Marnie is the one who's suggested Rowell for the part. The listing said name actors for the recurring part. Rowell was on the audition list and was then removed before she went in for her actual audition. Brad Bell tried to bring her on B&B and she has emails in the lawsuit to prove it. The last email he sent talks about how he was being blocked from doing it. Maria Arena Bell tried to bring her back to Y&R and was also blocked. 

We all know this is true so I wish people would stop acting like she's crazy. She did a ton for black people on Y&R and so many of those people owe their jobs to her. Things like this lawsuit aren't going to win her money or fans, but it will prevent it from happening again. I applaud her. 

• Members

No one's coming for her here as far as I'm concerned. But constantly making a stink doesn't help her, even though she's in the right. Sorry but it's true.

It's BS that she's blocked from appearing on soaps. That pisses me off, believe me it does. But how does this lawsuit help? I don't see it suddenly making her un-blocked and returning to Y&R. Maybe it will. Who knows?

Archived