Insight (1974-1982)

DRW50

• Members

Saynotoursoap used to sometimes post episodes of this syndicated religious-themed anthology series. It had a number of soap actors over the years, including Jeanne Cooper and Louise Sorel. 

This channel has been uploading some episodes. If any of you are in contact (I think he's on Dailymotion now as Skip Eastport) he may want to know.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZrHrP6BiCZNN70gFhdY9Xw

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Insight premiered a lot earlier than 1974. I was pretty interested in it a few years ago (probably when sayno was posting the episodes) and remember knowing that it had been on for at least 20 years. I think it's so cool that a show of that nature was able to endure for so long - we just don't get that kind of variety on television anymore.

• Members

I've never heard of this, so it's interesting for that reason alone. Too bad syndicated shows have pretty much died out - the last one I remember being produced was either Baywatch or maybe Peter Benchley's Amazon?

• Members

It's odd in a way - there are more channels to sell independent shows to, not just in the US, but internationally so it would make sense. Baywatch, after all, survived alone on it being sold to over 100 countries in the early 90s - today we have so many channels here in Europe that needs to fill time slots, so it'd make sense to produce more syndicated programming.

• Members

I remember one episode of this series that got alot of airplay in my area, and it starred Philip McKeon, the boy who played Alice's son on "Alice".  It was called, I have learned after doing a bit of research online, "Weekend".  Philip played a rich, spoiled young man who (I don't remember how or for what reason) spent the weekend in the streets living among the homeless.  I think it was on a dare or was some kind of prank involving his character's friends, a group of also spoiled young men.  All I know is, his character had one trauma befall him after another, and at the end, when his spoiled friends saw him again, Philip's character was a thoroughly changed man.  It was very, very well done.  I remember the opening of the drama used the song "Walking in L.A." by The Missing Persons.  Apparently, the order of Catholic priests who produced the series were quite with it in the 80s!

• 5 weeks later...

Archived