Who should be YRs new head writer?

• Members

Rumors are Pratt is exiting at end of his contract. My dream duo is Shelly Altman and Kay Alden. They both have head written YR with great success. Kay was at YR many years and was just incredible. She old school and Shelly did a brilliant job writing after JG. Traditional mixed with modern flair.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Someone experienced who knows Y&R as either Executive Story Consultant or Co-HW with someone fresh or someone with Bell experience as the main HW. Kay Alden was grooming Natalie Minardi Slater as her successor so I wouldn't mind her having a shot. Obviously if Kay was grooming her for so many years she has to have some interest in the role, so I'd like to see what she'd bring to the position.

• Members

I agree with Natalie Minardi Slater. She has been with the show forever. She has not been a head writer.

Possibly have Kay Alden as a story consultant.

I would like to see Janice Ferri Esser promoted. She is a good script writer and she has been with the show forever so she knows history. Susan Dansby hasn't been a script writer as long bur she is good. She was a one of the better script writers at ATWT. She sure did her best to make the crap that Jean P.wrote into something watchable on ATWT!

• Members

Whoever it is will have the herculean task of making the show watchable again by appealing to long term fans by making Y&R feel like Y&R while bringing in younger audience and continuing down the dumb exec mandated path of a couple driven soap.  They've already failed. It's impossible! 

Archived