R.I.P. Actor Barry Jenner

applcin

• Members

Wink Martindale posted on his Facebook page that actor Barry Jenner has died. He also posted a great clip from the $100,000 Pyramid. Barry also did stints on Somerset and Another World in the 70s. 

Wink Martindale

7 hrsLXVsRcy6-H6.png

Very sad to report our friend Barry Jenner has passed away. Barry was best known for his roles on Dallas, Family Matters and of course Star Trek Deep Space Nine, to name a few. In addition Barry was a great game player making many appearances on shows like Pyramid and Super Password. He was a kind and sweet man who, no matter who you were or how long you knew him, made you feel like you were lifelong friends when speaking to you. He will be greatly missed by his family and friends.

From his DS9 costar:

My heart is broken.My thoughts are in grief&incomprehension.My good friend Barry Jenner has passed.Condolences to Suzanne&all who loved him.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A list of all his soap roles that I am aware of:

AW     Evan Webster

SOM   Tony Cooper

Generations   Steve Radford

GL   unknown

SFT   unknown

FC    Prosecutor Loomis

DALLAS   Dr. Jerry Kenderson

KL      Jeff Cunningham

DOOL    Matt McKenxie

I really liked him on Dallas and KL.  RIP

• Members

Don't blame ya, jam. He was a good-looking guy and apparently very well-liked. He was also a Los Angeles Police Reserve Officer for 2 decades.

He died of leukemia. :(  Someone mentioned that he was supposed to attend the big Star Trek convention they had in Vegas the other week but he was too ill.

Looking at that clip from the game, he was so genuinely thrilled for his teammate to win the tournament. And they came so close to breaking Billy Crystal's record for fastest time. It was flawlessly played. He did it again with someone else, winning them the $100,000 when John Davidson hosted the game. Incidentally, apparently that contestant in the clip, MG McCormick, passed away just a few years later.

• Members

In an old newspaper article or soap mag article. It was prior to the role on Somerset, so I'm thinking he was an U/5  or something along a dayplayer. I think it said something along the lines of < Barry Jenner, who recently appeared on GL has taken the role of Tony Cooper on Somerset>  I hate when they don't name the character--LOL.

Archived