Netflix: Stranger Things

• Members

Whew, I thought I was the only one, LOL.  I have to start S2 and avoid all spoilers. Yesterday morning, I had the computer streaming on a morning news show and had to click out quickly when they mentioned Stranger Things.  I'm not even reading this thread right now, LOL.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Season 3 is excellent from start to finish - the last 2 eps are really good!   My favourite moment of the season was

Please register in order to view this content

I also liked the Steve/Robin and Steve/Dustin pairings.  

Yeah, season 2 wasn't as good as season 1 or 3.   The

Even though i liked S2. It felt like a retread of S1 to me. This season after everything is set up. In the first two episode. We get a compelling action pack season. Even with all the action we get character moments.  Just love all the 1985 realness. Dustin and Suzie singing the theme from "The NeverEnding Story" was the cutest thing.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Administrator

Just found out that Maya Hawke (Robin) is Ethan Hawke/Uma Thurman's daughter.   Now that I know that, I do see some Uma in her.  She definitely has parents' acting talent.   And she's now on the same show as Winona Ryder who was in Reality Bites with her dad!   Another connection is both Maya and Winona Ryder played Jo March from Little Women - Winona in 1994, and Maya in 2017.

• Members

Maya Hawke is going to be a star.

The surprise on Robin left me a little crestfallen for Steve but I still love the character and the relationship. I do hope she plays a role in what now appears to be the beginning of an appropriately slow for the 1980s 

Please register in order to view this content

- something the show has been tinkering with BTS since before Season 1.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

The premiere is on point. Sadie Sink has had a major come-up in the intervening years with COVID delays, etc. due to the Fear Street trilogy (worth a watch!) and so on, but she is getting a real chance to shine this year after having a bit less to do last season.

Sink is a Broadway/theater kid, like so many soap kids (Eden Riegel, Chris McKenna, etc). It's a shame the New York soap industry collapsed before it could help foster her earlier - that would have been neat.

Charlie Heaton (Jonathan) has been extraneous to this show since Joe Keery broke out in Season 1, and he's still dead weight today. He's the only key flaw for me.

Edited by Vee

• Members

This season is also a real love letter so far to the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise and especially Robert Englund, Freddy Krueger himself. With that series lying dormant and Englund maybe never playing Freddy again, it makes me very happy to see so much tribute paid.

• Members

I hope the folks at Marvel are paying attention and ask The Duffer Brothers to direct their future X-Men adaptations in the MCU. 

The first episode of season 4 of ST is titled The Hellfire Club for god’s sake! The Duffer bros have also talked extensively about their love for X-Men in the past as well. 

• Administrator

That's a great idea!  Marvel plucked The Russo brothers from TV too. 

Season 4 has been really good!  The "Running Up The Hill" scene is one of the best from the series.   I'm starting to become a fan of Sadie now, after her performance in the Taylor Swift's "All Too Well" short film, and of course this season of Stranger Things.  I see a huge career for her. 

Joe Keery may not the best actor on the show, but he is part of two of my favourite friendships in the show: Steve/Dustin and Steve/Robin.  He just has a likeable attitude/persona and has great chemistry with the entire cast. 

What's the reason for keeping the last 2 episodes until July?