YR: Jess Walton interview in TV Guide

• Members

Jill returns July 11th and is PISSED that Billy has made a mess of his life and is neglecting Brash and Sassy. So Jill is going to STEAL the company.

Jess says that if Jill get's ahold of B&S, she can make Billy and Victoria work on it together, and then nature will take it's course. She says they need a little push in the right direction. Jill believes Victoria will come back to Billy in a heartbeat

She says Billy has gone off the rails and Victoria is the one who can straighten him out.  Jill has no idea about Billy and Phyllis nor about Victoria and Travis.

Jess is asked about having moved to Oregon, and why she did it. She says she moved there intending to retire, that she wasn't feeling appreciated at Y&R, she didn't want to be on a soundstage all day being nothing but filler. Now when she visit's she feels wanted. She's relaxed, free, spontaneous, and has nothing to prove.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The way they treated her makes no sense when we have Braden and Bergman acting and looking like re-animated corpses. They are old and ACT it.

Jess still has a vibrancy to her and Jill is one of those forever viable characters. It's a damn shame.

• Members

I love that she was a little more honest than in the SOD issue a few weeks back.

I did suspect the move was about potential retiring. But it had mentioned she could come and go as she pleased which pleased me.

• Members

She's speaking the truth and I'm glad she feels better about them wanting to use her a bit more.......am I happy that she's gonna steal a company from her own son?....yes......am I happy she's basically back to push Y&R's most agenda driven couple??.......no, but what can we do....

• Members

Oh I agree with you. Unless she is back to her 1987 - 2003 level of exposure and profile, it's a waste of Jess Walton's talents. It would be tough, but Y&R really needs to attempt a storyline akin to The Takeover in 1999/2000 and the ensuing battle for Jabot. That was business storyline at its finest and was compelling and a true umbrella storyline with Jill taking a major part. It's the biggest travesty of MAB that she basically drove her off the show (especially when Jess had such a good relationships with Bill and Lee Phillip Bell and Lauralee Bell, hell even Lauralee fled the show under MAB's reign) and reduced Jill to nothing.

Speaking of who built the house that is Y&R...they need to undo what the f*ck has been done to the Chancellor mansion set NOW. 

• Members

Takeover stories have been played out though on this show. If anything, Y&R needs to try and redo the Tuvia/Safra story as that was the best business story Y&R ever produced IMO. I'd be all for Jill being embedded in that, which would probably get me to come back full-time. 

And yes, they need to undo the damage they've done to the Chancellor manor and kick Billy's ass out. IMO, I'd love a story where Devon usurped the house from Jill for him and Hillary. 

Archived