Y&R: Eric Braeden TV Guide Interview

• Members

I would object to that as well. There is way too much bad blood for me to every see those two as friends. Victor knowingly stood by while Jack's wife was raped for pity's sake.  I'd rather see Jack and Victor start to take a backseat to their children. EB is 75 years old, so that's going to have to happen sooner than later. They might as well start to solidify that transition.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But all of their children are portrayed by such boring, bad, uncharismatic actors. Melody Thomas Scott is far from the best actress but she exudes charisma. Her boring @ss kids may as well be holding up the set. It's the same with Braeden, he is NOT a good actor but he has presence.

Joshua Morrow can barely carry a scene. Amelia Henlie looks like she's in physical pain every time I see her. The sad fact is that this show has no one to hand the reins to.

• Members

Well SONY and the production team at Y&R are to blame for that. There is gonna be a day when EB will have to step down (if the show isn't canceled before then) and someone else will have to take the reins. Now is the time for them to start prepping; however, they won't b/c they never do. 

If something like this is to occur, I'd just rather them write the Newmans off altogether and center the show around the original and founding families of Y&R--the Brooks, the Chancellors, and the Fosters. Bring all them back. I might consider coming back then.

• Members

They're never going to bring back families that have no connection to modern viewers and make them a major presence, I so wish people would let that go. It's like the people on here that have been begging for years for Days to bring back Maggie's daughter, it's not going to happen because no one cares.

No, they can't because he looks as bored as Heinle!

• Members

Jesus take the wheel! She may have been phoning it in since 2007 but MTS at the top of her game was a fantastic actress that could sell ANYTHING -- mother, lover, schemer, pathetic bitch, socialite, friend. Literally, anything.

Justin Hartley may be great but he doesn't have loyalty to the show (I highly doubt he'll stick around long) but, most importantly, plays Adam Newman, and despite the great recast, that character can never and will never fullfill the role people are discussing here.

I think it's fair to say they're never bringing those families back (at least not in a Newman capacity) but not because no one would care. Online fans probably would. However, the largest part of the audience (except for those watching since 73) don't know who these people are and would not be interested in watching their main family taken away for a bunch of people they don't know. That kind of switch does not happen, could not be performed well in today's soap writing climate, and is fanfiction (albeit, interesting one). Also, there's good reason why Bell wrote them all off. They had run their course. It was done. Third, such a change would transform the show to a point that it would be even more unrecognizable to its viewers. Newman/Abbott, Victor, Jack, etc, may be tired but they can be great again, if well written. What they cannot be is nonexistent. Those first 7-10 years of the show were one thing. It's been something else for close to 40 years now. It cannot work.

• Members

I would quote you but the quote system on this site is garbage but that's basically what I'm saying, yeah. 

And don't get me wrong, love MTS but she's not the most nuanced actress. I find that she and KKL have a lot in common, they have these sexy baby voices and truly sell whatever garbage they're handed. MTS manages to make me believe that Nikki is infatuated with Victor, a more "talented" actress would have checked out of that coupling years ago.

Calm down, sis. I was talking about the people running the show. They don't and won't care about that history of the show. 

Archived