43rd Annual Daytime Emmy Pre-Nominations List

NothinButAttitude

• Members

Well, I guess we are the last ones standing, as fans of daytime. In years past, a thread about the Daytime Emmy nominations, even the pre-noms, would spark pages and pages of people's opinions, praises, and gripes. Le sigh, a sign of the times and their irrelevance. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Some nomination predictions via experts: italics are favorites to secure a nomination and win.

Actor

• Anthony Geary (GH)
  • Billy Flynn (Days)
  • Christian LeBlanc (Y&R)
  • Justin Hartley (Y&R)

Actress

• Eileen Davidson (Y&R)
  • Kassie DePavia (Days)
  • Finola Hughes (GH)
  • Maura West (GH)

Supporting Actor

• Jacob Young (B&B)
  • Bryton James (Y&R)
  • Christopher Shawn (Days)
  • Dominic Zamprogna (GH)

Supporting Actress

• Kelly Sullivan (Y&R)
  • Peggy McCay (Days)
  • Lindsey Godfrey (B&B)
  • Christel Khalil (Y&R)

Younger Actor

• Bryan Craig (GH)
  • Tequan Richmond (GH)
  • Casey Moss (Days)
  • James Lastovic (Days)

Younger Actress

• Camila Burns (Days)
  • Hunter King (Y&R)
  • Camryn Grimes (Y&R)
  • Alyvia Alyn Lind (Y&R)

• Members

OK. I totally missed the pre-noms until today. Karla not paying her dues? Then maybe they should rename the category from "Lead" to "Vet." She's been on freaking daytime since 2008 and then took a nothing character on B&B that was significantly retroconned and made us notice. So much for diversity in Hollywood. What a bunch of hypocrites. 

How sad that Kristin Alfonso doesn't make the list, but that empty shell who plays Ciara gets a pre-nom. They really should make those younger categories smaller - even in pre-nom.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

This feels like throwing ALL the spaghetti to the wall and seeing what sticks, lol.  "Days" is the only soap I truly followed in 2015 and I have to say that Billy Flynn, Kassie DePavia, and Kate Mansi are very brave to submit leading.  Kassie may still have a lot of support in the industry, but the other two have no idea what they're doing not going for supporting . . . but, truth be told, they led story all year, and were basically given the anniversary story alongside Kris Alfonso, Peter Reckell, Mary Beth, and Stephen (and Daniel Cosgrove and Rob Wilson).  I remember when the Daytime Emmys were a bigger deal and some actors, who were clearly leads, would submit supporting to get an unfair advantage, lol.

Archived