ALL SOAPS: 2015 Report Card

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B&B: C+. They still give good cliffhangers on the regular and Maya's secret/reveal was riveting but Brad Bell dropped the story flat after that. Plus, I felt that a lot of his potential stories were dropped and forgotten this year. He needs to tighten up and resort back to old B&B where one story didn't dominate the airwaves all 30 mins. Can I have an A, B, C, and D story going too? 

DAYS: D. DAYS had good moments and glimpses of improvement but they'd quickly be dropped with the swiftness. We had a canvas full of duds this year (Jordan/Clyde/Ben/Serena). Too many deaths (Aiden, Paige, Bo, Will). Characters with potential being ruined (JJ, Eve, Eric, Abby). Too many misused or underused characters (Kayla, Marlena, Kate, Lucas, Adrienne, Justin, Abe) The show is just a mess. I feel like DAYS is suffering from an identity crisis. The show doesn't know what it wanna be. Does it wanna be DAYS from the 60/70s that was rooted in social family issues? Does it wanna be 80s DAYS where supercouples ruled? Or does it wanna be 90s DAYS with over the top campy stories? Corday needs to pick a lane and stick with it. 

GH: F. Nothing about GH was good this past year. Nothing at all. I'm over Billy Miller struggling to be Jason, a character who should've remained dead. I'm sick of the weak female characters on the this (Liz, Sam). Luke's exit was underwhelming in so many ways. I still think they should've killed his ass off. Laura's return has been a dud. They have no idea what to do with her. Tracey has been dumbed down to the point it is sad. Anna is a moping mess over some loser she killed when Anna was a f-cking spy. She's killed numerous people with no remorse. Sonny and Carly still remain to be the vortex of suck but Nina and Franco are slowly taking the crown. The middle age young adults (Maxie/Lulu/Dante/Nathan/Dillon/Valerie) are a hot ass mess. The young adults (Michael/Morgan/Sabrina) have no direction whatsoever. The teen crew (TJ/Molly) get no love at all. And why is Alexis, Kiki, or Julian still alive on this show? 

Y&R: FA mess. I don't even recognize this show or the characters on it. There are too many mustache twirlers running amok (Ian/Patty/Sandra). Victor is insufferable. Jack is as spineless and incompetent as ever. There is no character growth from anyone, and other characters are doing crap they'd never do before. Lastly, we have a ginormous flock of worthless characters on the canvas. Y&R is supposed to be the creme de la creme of daytime but it's not. It's trash. Out of all the soaps, this show needs the biggest overhaul both on and offscreen. 

Archived