Victoria Rowell Retaliation suit dissmissed by federal judge

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think that it is a money issue with her. I've always thought it was deeper. She somewhat alludes to it in her fictional novel, Secrets of a Soap Opera Diva. I think it has to do with her relationship with Bill Bell. She alludes that the two had a father/daughter relationship in the novel, and I think it mirrored in real life. I think that Bill was one of the few father figures she had (as we all know she was a foster child throughout her life), and Bill filled that void for her. I think being at a Bell soap is her way of being closer to him, paying homage to him in some sort. I think her filing suits and constantly pursuing them are out of hurt. Y&R was her home and Bill provided a safety net for her. I just think her wanting back on Y&R was always deeper than money. 

• Members

If that's true then she should pay for a really great psychiatrist to get past that grief. It would be a lot more economical and effective than paying a lawyer's bill. Returning to Y&R isn't going to fill the void left by Bill Bell - Y&R hasn't been Y&R for a decade.

• Members

She has never been serious about any webseries or any book. Those were always public (and embarrassing) ploys to try and get back on Y&R. I think she feels she's expected to play a certain role, when in reality I think if she'd just come back to the table quietly she might be onscreen now.

• Members

Sorry, I misspoke.  I know that there wasn't an entire series in the can, I 'referred to it as a 'series as opposed to a one time event, like a movie.  Even when Shemar Moore was shopping around his project, he called it a movie even though technically it hadn't been shot yet in earnest.  I was kinda using it as a label to identify the type of project.

• Members

That was for TV??!  You cannot be serious!  Uh-uh, she should've made it for the Web, that had online potential but with all the competition on broadcast, I don't even see NBC going for it and they strike me as the most desperate of the big networks.

Come to think of it Bounce TV or TV One, or Aspire maybe.  It really does look like a better fit for online though but hey...

Archived