GH: Veteran actor returns

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/tristan-rogers-update

Yes, Tristan Rogers (Colin, Y&R) is set to reprise his iconic GH character, Robert Scorpio, but he is not leaving Y&R to do it. "Tristan is only visiting Port Charles for a very short time,” states a rep for the actor. "Tristan will continue with Y&R as Colin. Tristan and I do not want the fans to be misguided in any way.” Rogers tweeted, "I am delighted to be visiting my friends in PC. Stand by for some fun stuff

• Members

I have a feeling this may be less about DAYS (especially as their vets don't seem to have done a ton for ratings) and more about ABC clamping down on the egomania of "Cartini" that drove Tristan Rogers to another show in the first place. 

• Members

What they are paying both Staff and Howarth could be used to put Tristan Rogers on contract. Its a shame we have two characters no one cares about on contract yet a vet of many years just comes by for a visit…tragic.

He is just gawd awful as Colin on Y&R. GH was so dumb to let him go in the first place.

• Members

I think there is likely a lot of bad blood between Tristan and Frank and that's why this is only a visit to usher off Robin and Patrick. I believe Tristan is only recurring on Y&R so, in theory, there is no reason he would not be able to be recurring on both shows or sign a contract for GH.

I think the fact that Tristan acknowledges a fan's criticism in response to Frank's tweet about his return says volumes:

• Members

I wish he was on full time but then again  are these writers able to write decent crime dramas for him if he were to stay?   In recent years all these returns have been to almost run away from what made these characters fun in to begin with.   Ron C did a decent attempt returning him to his spy roots, but prior to that GH Night Shift wasted him with some saccharine cancer story, and you can see this knee jerk touchy feely mentality today with whatever that was they decided to waste Anna on about her BS pangs of guilt over killing a killer.  

Instead of everyone constantly running away from their spy personas in favor of "what if James Bond sat down with Oprah?" writing, why can't any of these people furnish TR and FH with the kinds of stories they excelled at in the first place? 

• Members

They have succeeded in getting at least a one-viewer bump: I will return to watch daily for exactly two things, Robin's return and exit, and the glorious sight of Liz being dragged through the streets. But I won't watch before or after that without serious change and impetus - I'll stick to YT edits of my favorites, something I never, ever do otherwise.

• Members

On the one hand, I agree.  But, on the other hand, I feel as if GH (and to a similar extent, DAYS) is hamstrung by three things: 1) the fact that we don't necessarily live anymore in the same political climate that fostered the Cold War, which was when those action-adventure stories were all the rage on TV and in film; 2) the fact that budgets have shrunk across the industry, making any attempts to tell that kind of story look feeble compared to how they looked in the '80's; and 3) the fact that these actors are older -- and in some cases, are playing characters who are now grandparents! -- and thus look ridiculous still cavorting all over the globe, chasing after vaguely European supervillains (especially in an age when it seems most espionage happening in the world occurs from behind computer screens).  I love nostalgia as much as the next freak, but I think TPTB at DAYS and at GH need to acknowledge that, for characters like Scorpio and Anna, or Bo and Patch, you really can't go home again.

Archived