Days - "Dead" Character Confirmed Alive

• Members

283666_10153185956092045_514380808469957

Days killed off EJ last year, but they left it open ended with Kristen stealing his body. Looks like the show will finally confirm that EJ is Sami learns the truth about her husband. Anyone know if James Scott is returning to give some closure to the story

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't believe that was the main reason, but I do think it's why they were fine with giving up on him, whereas other young core characters stuck with poor recasts were often just written out. And there seems to be little interest in any other gay characters on the show at the moment either.

• Members

He was killed because the character became insufferable once recast. Rather than recasting again (if DAYS can go from Kirsten Storms to Charity Rahmer to Martha Madison and barely blink an eye, surely they could've recast again, even with DAYS taping a decade in advance), they offed him for shock.

• Members

I wonder if she will confront Stefano and how they will explain things. We've had Stefano cry this entire year how all his kids are dead except Chad. I assumed whatever Kristen did, didnt work and/or EJ was unresponsive and has been brain dead and kept on machines this whole time.

• Members

Sweeney isn't sticking around, right? Is the letter what takes her out of town again? And, TBH, I couldn't give two shits about EJ. I was glad he was offed. LOL. I like James Scott and there were periods where I did like the writing for EJ but overall ... I wish they'd leave him dead.

• Members

That's ludicrous if that's her exit. Reunite them or don't do that [!@#$%^&*]. I was fine with E.J. dying, because it fit his misdeeds despite his romantic and loving side - but they shouldn't have sent Sami off to Hollywood and the jetset after that.

I think killing Will is typical Corday: Shortsighted and panicked. The gays are blamed and scapegoated for taking down their ratings in Middle America (much like the gays on GH reportedly were, despite having next to zero story - apparently Frank and the network pushed them down over that), so Corday, who was briefly infatuated with one thing (a gay frontburner story which got him accolades), exterminates it when he finds a new toy and lower numbers. Except this time he's exterminating Will, and I'm sure he justifies it to himself the same way he did all the horrible, violent, tacky and pointless Salem Stalker deaths. Which he then reversed, in another panic move. I expect to see Chandler Massey turn up in a dungeon in the next 18 months.

• Members

TWO THINGS:

1) Reading GW's interview in the same issue...well...uh...it does sound like what others are suspecting. And he tried to get answers to why kill Will? or to paraphrase his words, they wanted to focus on working on what worked for DAYS in the past.

So that has started to color how I feel about it.

2) I want to believe EJ is alive and this is not a trick. Keep in mind there is a clip of Andre trying to kidnap Sami in the Days 50th promo of what's coming. So I hope it is not a trick. THat said...AS said in the interviews she will be making at least two extended appearances. So this may start with Sami searching for EJ. And the next visit might show if he is alive or not. So I doubt he will appear this time around. But her next time...(probably next month)...

Archived