GH: Another return, now on contract

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't disagree about Budig and her acting choices over the years.

I do think she was slightly better on GH than her last few stints on AMC though. Budig clearly was phoning it in. Greenlee had a lot of potential and Budig can play a bitch but the Frons Greenlee sucked and Budig was clearly checked out as they kept trying to force Greenlee and Ryan to work and they never ever did. She seems alert at GH but we'll see if that lasts.

Kelly Monaco is another lazy actress. You can easily tell when she's bored and checked out (with Miller as Jakeson -- until they started banging -- also the Silas/Sam snoozefest) or when she's checked in (with Jason Thompson).  Miller clearly fits Monaco because she's looked a lot more happy and relaxed and not so worn out and checked out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Webmaster

Contracts (especially for newbies) are for at least 3-4 years. They can be let out of their contract every 13 weeks, however. This of course is for the protection of the show/network and not the talent. If after 13 weeks the show/network doesn't feel you are working out, they can legitimately let you go without any legal repercussions. The talent can't leave the show at any point during the length of the contract unless the show agrees to it.

• Members

I don't fault Budig for getting paid. She cruised through the crap they gave her as Greenlee in her last decade or so on AMC; when she could affect the course of things she tried, but mostly she couldn't so she did the work and cashed the check. I think she's doing the same thing here and has no illusions about the lame character. I like her, but I don't want her around.

Archived