SON Community: Days of Torture

Errol

• Administrator

Which part? LOL  Hasn't it always been like that?  A double enter for a new paragraph.   On this new editor, it just looks like a new paragraph if you hit enter once.   For the first-unread-post, the 'circle' and 'star' is for when you're inside a forum.  If you're in the main area (boards.soapoperanetwork.com), you can click on the topic thread and it will take you to the first unread post.  It was like this before too, wasn't it?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL Toups, I thought you were trolling us/being shady when you explained how to make a new paragraph.

It hasn't always been like that. One enter, new paragraph. Now it requires two, maybe even three if it doesn't take. lol

The star was always like that. I used it often. 

• Administrator

I thought for sure the double-enter-for-a-new-paragraph was universal, so I went to test it out: Microsoft Word, TextEdit, Yahoo/Gmail/Microsoft emails, other message boards.......and I was right.   Now I'm starting to think you guys are trolling me!  LOL  Come on, are you guys?  :lol:

• Members

Why are people stuck in validation hell? I'm with you in having a hard time getting used to the new board, especially that white background, but it always takes me awhile to adapt to these types of changes.

I'm also hoping that we can "like" or + 1 people's posts going forward. It's so much better than all the "I agree" posts, although I feel compelled to agree if someone says exactly what I was thinking.

• Members

Moderation is extremely intermittent, and no matter what I do I can now apparently never disable emoticons which I've had to do on every single post over and over every time I post or edit for years.

Plus I just jumped two goddamn carriage-returns to try and make a paragraph. But I'm with Julia, I'll ignore all that if you just fix validation for the hundreds of people who surely have waited months or years.

• Members

hey, I'm the one who said that!! Lol

when you register here, you have to be validated by an admin. except nobody ever does it and posters sit in limbo for eternities. poor Taoboi waited in the status updates for MONTHS before someone finally approved him.   

glad I'm not the only one struggling with this update. 

• Members

Have we lost the ability to preview a post before submitting? I always used that as a way to clean up formatting on posts where I quote other people.

Also, if we want to add YouTube videos, how can we do that so they don't show up super sized? I have no problem using embed code but how should I do that here?

• Members

Seriously. It's especially a problem when I can (apparently) no longer go into a full edit to disable emoticons, which I have had to do constantly on posts over the years (and there should just be a permanent option).

Archived