Days - More Casting

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

#swoon

No matter how lousy I might feel at the moment, all I have to do is see Gloria Loring's incandescent smile and hear her sing, and my heart lights up like Times Square on NYE. I just adore that woman, I really do.

• Members

I've always said that if Days has to cast teens, let them be the offspring of the legacy characters. I can get behind this. Unless this is a different Claire with no relation to anyone in Salem. Kinda like how they F'd up Xander.

• Members
Yea... If Shawn had knocked her up on the night of the dance.

The thing is - and this goes for all of TV - is that people are cast younger and younger looking nowadays. Gone are the days of 32-year-olds being cast as 16-year-old high schoolers, like Gabrielle Carteris on 90210. People don't have a mature look where a 32-year-old Kim Zimmer can play mom to Morgan Englund and nearly get away with it.

I can buy young-looking Ali Sweeney and Bryan Dattilo playing parents to a slightly SORASed Will, but Shawn & Belle as parents to a 16 y/o is similar to Cady McClain playing grandma to one on AMC 2.0.

• Members

Maybe not Kirsten Storms but the last Belle looked like she could easily be a grandmother. Seriously she looked older than Sweeney so Belle being a mother to a 16 y/o doesnt seem too farstretched. Ditto on Brandon Deemer. Its been 7 years since we've seen them in the role and both are older looking now. I dont think its quite the same as CM as a grandma on AMC

Archived