Jean Passanante exits Y&R

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Same reason why every other hack who hasn't retired or just plain quit keeps getting employed. They are yes men (and women) who know the rigors of daytime and never push back on the networks' ridiculous suggestions.

• Members

I don't understand why people continue to advocate for hack/slipshod writers...I'll admit I prefer her work to Chuckles(by a hair), but any of these writers that keep failing should be replaced with some talented newcomers...(By the way, I nominate Khan, as well as many others on this board over the current regime...

• Members

She may be a skilled breakdown writer. But she's had enough chances at the top. This isn't Marland we are talking about. His HW stints just got better and better. Hers have not.

As far as I'm concerned, I never want to read any of these names on a writing team again. Gold, McTavish, Kreizman, Swajeski, Esensten and Brown, Guza, Pratt, Higley, Goutman, Tomlin, Whitsell, Griffith, Langan, Sheffer, Arena-Bell, Latham, Wolf, Passanante and sadly, Malone. They had their shots, and most were dreadful. A few did good work once, but not since.

Archived