Y&R: May 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Can't the writers find something for Mariah the pariah to do other than follow Summer and Abby around like an obsessed pit bull? Oh wait the writers who brought this vulgar guttersnipe to Y&R are now ahem gone.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mariah is the only likeable part of the younger crowd. Noah and Kyle have potential, but the writing makes it hard to care. Summer, meanwhile, I used to like back when Hunter King first started, but now it's hard to watch her act for longer than a few seconds.

• Members

Mariah is likeable? Being rude and nasty all the time makes you likeable? If Mariah is so great, then she needs to have her own storyline, please. If I could just FF her, I would be quite happy. But that's impossible when her main purpose at Y&R is following around characters I like and making rude comments. Give the guttersnipe something to do or get rid of her.

• Members

CG/Mariah is good when she's being a supporting player. When she's front and center and her character is a drama queen, she becomes unbearable. I even wanted that twit ABBY to punch her a few times!

I'm still waiting for Amelia Heinle to move her face and make some kind of facial expression. Poor BJ/Billy.

And Cady McClain is still my girlcrush.

• Members

Uh no. I hated Billy Miller as Billy. He was too dickish for me, and I couldn't stand that toothy ass grin he always had on his face. BM was good when he first came on, but once paired with Victoria, he lost it. I'd rather them bring back David Tom, who was HOT opposite Chelsea. Plus, he had stellar chemistry with the Abbotts.

And Dylan is starting to grow on me thanks to Sharon. I just hate now that Sharon has to be made the interloper/prop for Dylan and Avery. It'd be so much more powerful had they just had Dylan and Sharon genuinely fall for each other during this arc. It'd put Sharon opposite her greatest foe, Nikki, once again and give them a simple and sane story of mother v. girlfriend instead of the crap story they are in now.

• Members

Compared to Billy Miller (in any role), Burgess Jenkins is Jerry ver Dorn. And Burgess Jenkins is not a master thespian by any means. BJ has good chemistry with MCE even though Billy/Chelsea is obviously a no go at least for now anyway.

Y&R is not what it was but it's still miles ahead of GH. Billy Miller can stay there. Even Steve Burton is better than him.

• Members

She did from day one. I always felt that they should've tossed him in Sharon's orbit from the start. Having him pine over Avery then be tossed in Chelsea's orbit was dumb. Sharon is the one woman [or character] that has made Dylan remotely interesting. I just hate that their relationship is going to be squashed once Sharon's deception is revealed.

I just that they would've had Sharon play the supportive best friend that Dylan eventually fell for on his own. But everything has to be done through deception nowadays.... :rolleyes:

We can't have a simple friendship or love story based on truth and honesty.

Archived