B&B: Transgender actor Scott Turner Schofield lands role

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It hasnt been written the way I thought it would be. The they got a big secret lets find out and scheme to get Forrester reeks of awful writing. I really wish they hadnt done this story because so far BB is doing a poor job of writing it.

• Members

Maya's story should have been written when she first met Rick and then they should have done the big takeover story.....they did the whole Rick takeover story and then jumbled it with Maya's story.....and both stories lost steam real fast.

• Members

I'm a supporter of this story, but here are some of the problems:

1. Maya should've been made more sympathetic and an underdog who innocently became the victor in her longing for Rick, rather than being underhanded re: Caroline/Ridge. Lots of viewers have no sympathy for her.

2. The Charlie/Pam scenes this week were horrendous. It made a joke of the whole subject matter. And who really deduces, "Maya... is... transgender...." as the father from Small Wonder stammered, as they tried to guess why Maya would be taking estrogen. Wouldn't menopausal Pammy have a clue about women needing estrogen? I would've sooner accepted Charlie saying, "Maya was born a man!" rather than transgender. At least that statement would be a normal reaction.

3. It's not making as big of headline news because it's The Bold and the Beautiful. The Bold and the Beautiful has never been relevant in U.S. pop culture. Never. If it were Days of Our Lives, General Hospital, or even The Young and the Restless, then yes. ABC and NBC (well, DAYS) were always the buzz-worthy soaps, not CBS. And certainly not B&B.

I will say this, that the build-up and the fake-outs and the private conversations with doors wide open is reminiscent of James Reilly's style of writing. I fully expect Maya to start having daytime nightmares of Rick's angry, fiery reaction to finding out the news, only for her to snap out of her daydream or wake up from her nightmare after the commercial break.

Archived