Daytime Emmys Live Thread

Soapsuds

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Amelia Heinle is clearly the best dresses. Gorgeous hair and gorgeous dress. She made history last night only supporting actress to win back to back emmys. Amelia could I smell a three peat next year? Two time emmy winner Amelia Heinle has a nice ring to it

• Members

I'm watching the show via streaming now...so I'll just make one big comment:

I am not a fan of Tyra Banks but her opening was enthusiastic and more excited than anyone whose hosted the Oscars in the last decade. I appreciate that. A few of her outfits were not flattering, given her substantial weight gain.

Amelia Heinle really needs to wake up because that speech was dreadful. Gotta love JFP standing and clapping like a seal. MTS sitting beside JFP can only be a good thing for MTS, but what an awful dress she was wearing, it made her look like she weighs 500 pounds.

Leeza Gibbons looks like a million bucks and she shaded Steve Harvey perfectly. Great that she could award ET the Emmy given that's where her national career started. Kevin Frasier sure knows how to kiss ass, thanking the sales team?!

I love Sharon Osbourne's ass, she just rolls like an old school Hollywood balls of brass London broad. And I'm glad Craig Ferguson won, he and Sharon are personal friends, UK people stick together.

Kirsten Storms is dressed like she works in a plastic surgeon's office. I have never watched CBS Sunday Morning but it's theme song is classy and it's nice to see the others lose.

I think these fan favourite awards/mini montages are a great thing.

Daniel Goddard doing that surprise visit to the fan...good lord...Cameron Mathison would be seething with jealousy to being him.

The montage tribute to romance...is this 1998?! I LOVED IT. Montages are what make the Daytime Emmys so enjoyable. God, that Lexie and Abe from DAYS clip is still devastating.

The Betty White tribute was nice. Regis has aged because he's stopped dyeing his hair

When Tyra was talking about the award show walk the camera cut to Shemar Moore who was hilarious

Yay Freddie Smith! Very well deserved!

Hunter King...good job kissing JFP's ass.

Steve Harvey...whatever. A pity Kelly and Michael weren't there to pick there's up, Michael has been great on Live!

When the Queens of Drama rolled onto the stage you can tell what a huge bitch Crystal Hunt is.

B&B deserved those directing and writing wins!!! Way to go Brad Bell!

Holy Crap...Guy Wilson looks bloated, shiny as hell and sounds like he's been screaming for months. Man, he sucks.

Melissa Claire Egan's dress is just as bad in motion. What an aberration.

The DAYS 50th montage: the only thing I can say critically of it is it just wasn't long enough! But it was fabulous, very iconic choices for the clips - I wish there had been more time to add variety, as it was very Horton centric, but it was fabulous and Deidre was a regal choice for presenting it. That moment with Hope screaming for Zach was so sad, all over again, Kristian Alfonso can always be proud of that scene. And great to see Vivian writhing in pleasure on that grave! It was very gratifying to see the entire daytime community give DAYS the standing ovation it so richly deserves.

"It was my husband, Edgar Rosenberg, who always said 'You can turn things around' and except for one terrible moment... in a hotel room in Philadelphia, when he forgot that...this is really for him because he was with me, from the beginning and I'm so sorry he's not here tonight, thank you." - Joan Rivers. That speech showed how brilliant a thinker Joan was. It was iconic. Melissa saying the daytime community 'saved her' and reinvigorated her spirit and career was so important for daytime to hear. I needed to hear and see that tribute. Joan deserved it. Leave it to daytime to honour one of their own.

The In Memoriam was incredibly well done as well.

Man, when Eileen walked out it was like a Movie Star was in their midst. Loved seeing Laura Wright saying how beautiful Eileen looked. Kelly Monaco had to be drunk off her ass the way she wouldn't let Anthony Geary go and then kind of flung him once she did. Anthony Geary does not look well - he looked bloated and worn out.

Shemar Moore is incredibly cool. And then he dropped Susan Lucci's name and it goes to show how he doesn't forget and holds reverence for this genre. He is such a celebrator of the genre and is so grateful. He deserves all his success.

Is Maura West okay?! Was she high or drunk or bipolar?! Holy crap she was a mess! That curtsey, what on earth has happened to her?!

Yay DAYS! In their 50th year, what a great way to do it! Whatever to Y&R, we all know the show is a disaster, but it was a classy speech from JFP.

Overall, what a superb Emmy broadcast. Whoever commissioned the show as it was produced should be commended. It was absolutely wonderful. Classy and comfortable and a real celebration of all of daytime. It was the best daytime Emmys since they left Radio City nearly 15 years ago!

• Members

Did not get to see the Emmys but I have been enjoying the comments in this thread.

Count me in as one haapy Oakdale fan who was happy that Maura won,even if I don't watch GH.
Long live As the World Turns!

What would have been funny if Maria Bell had shown up and walked in front of JFP to accept the award for Bell Serials ala Bridget Dobson back when Santa Barbara won. "They may have fired me from my famiy's show but they can't keep me out of the Emmys!"smile.png

Archived