Daytime Emmys Live Thread

Soapsuds

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I missed the last awards, but I will just take that as the universe letting me skip the "great reunion."

I enjoyed the show more than I thought I would, although I skipped everything with Tyra and her sexy sitcom neighbor circa 1983 wardrobe. I can't stand her and the way she treated the girls on her show like absolute trash because of her own insecurities.

I really wish they'd just played an old Eydie Gorme cover of What I Did For Love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS-0X3SLSCY

She'd never win The Voice if she was around today, because she actually had a career.

The in memoriam segment was done with relative class (even if Babyface was flatter than Michael Muhney's career), which I appreciated.

I wasn't really enthused with the Betty White award when I read about it, but the intro was cute and I appreciated that they actually focused on her daytime career (and focused on her game show work instead of soaps, which was right, IMO).

I can't stand The Chew but I'm glad Carla Hall won an award.

Really happy for Freddie Smith and happy Chad Duell, pleased for Brad Bell, and glad that DAYS and Y&R got a tie while GH got shafted. You know it must burn Ron and Frank that they didn't get any major awards for their work.

Who was that Charlene Tilton lookalike yowling when Hunter King won an award? Did she think she was going to get a prize?

All in all I'd say decent effort - better than many in recent years. Recent years being - the George W Bush and Obama administrations.

• Members

Maybe she isn't happy because her post-GH prospects are limited to Brenda Vacarro impersonations.

I wish they'd played Little Red Corvette when Freddie went onstage...

(of course car jokes with Freddie Smith would not be a good idea either)

• Members

They had the actor that plays Spencer Twit that GH was a winner even though they hadn't won an Emmy…..LOL

I tell you Ron and Frank are delusional.

LMAO….LOL…I went back and looked at it again…she does resemble Charlene….

• Members

Oh and what was with the announcer pronouncing Finola Hughes' name like she was from Sweden?

I kept thinking of when Phyllis on MTM would talk about her mother-in-law sneering at her in the corner and muttering "Pheelis."

• Members

First all kudos to Pop this was the best emmys I have seen in years. TYRA was great she brought a young vibe to the show. I loved the Betty White tribute, loved the days tribute and Melissa Rivers talking about Joan. Very classy show. Onto the winners Amelia wins again. U guys she's the only supporting actress ever to win back to back emmys. Amelia isn't going anywhere lol. Maura West deserved every bit of thst emmy. It was between Gina and Maura. Maura was fabulous in those scenes in the crypt. Alison is a good actress but she couldn't shine Maura shoes. Maura to me is the most humble real actress she's amazing period. Loved seeing Geary win which he deserved. Interesting days and y and r tied. I thought Jill gave a classy speech. BTW this is Jills ninth daytime emmy lol she isn't going anywhere. Tommy Garrett is freaking out. I swear this bitch is the Teflon queen of soaps

Archived