The Oscars

Soapsuds

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it is the haircut she has had all these years. It evokes no age so she doesn't look like she is trying to look young, nor does she have a traditionally older person's cut. Annie Lennox is another one who time doesn't put its stamp on. I felt on GH Jane Elliot should have kept the cut.

Lady Gaga did a good job but of course the limitations of her voice stand in contrast to the perfection that was Julie Andrews. Mayve one day medicine will be able to fix Julie. Also, I think Gaga tonight made a strong case for not getting tattoos.

• Members

Excellent point on the haircut. Very true about that. I agree about Jane, who I think has also aged pretty well and can often times look fantastic when done up right.

Gaga did great, but no one can top Julie Andrews for singing those songs. Agreed about the tattoos. I'm not at all against them, I think they're a great form of expression and art but I won't lie about noticing her tat right away and just being taken right out of that moment because she was so gorgeous and then you see that tattoo. Oh well.

• Members

I think Neil's hosting tonight has made me like him just a tad bit less. LOL. I think he can do a good job but tonight has just been flat and boring. There's no energy at all. It feels like just a bunch of random stuff. Too many musical numbers, too many awards no one cares about (sorry to those who won them but there's a technical awards for a reason), too many clips of things no one cares about ... it's typical of most award shows anymore. Lots of filler for no reason.

I can't believe it will be around midnight when they FINALLY get to the real awards. So many are already checking out on Twitter. I'm seeing a lot of less than happy tweets that it's taking so long to get to the "important" awards and I agree.

Archived