GH Wins WGA Award

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As Cheap so flawlessly put it: Worst Garbage Award. I can't with this despicable ass team getting awarded for their trash. DAYS was wrongfully nominated alongside them as well and I would've rather seen them take it. How was B&B not in the mix? It's consistently the strongest, freshest, most modern soap. I'll never get it.

• Members

I didn't say Ron or GH. Ron is camp galore and popcorn tv but I didn't say he was intelligent. Jean and Shelley emotional moments the huge Adam and Billy climax, the delia remembrance episode, the climax with phyllis and Sharon in the stair well, phyllis confronting Jack about Kelly and the nick stand alone episode. They vastly improved y and r over Griffiths year and ratings were climbing. They were robbed. GH is popcorn entertainment but not what I call award worthy.

• Members

There doesn't really seem to be any particular episode cited anywhere as the nominated episode, just that it won the award. I guess maybe they submitted the Luke meets Fluke episode, as that was the best episode of 2014 (imo anyway). I guess they could have gone with Carly and Todd II's wedding. To my understand DOOL was boring this year amd I guess the WGA agreed.

Frankly, I think it is silly that all these awards are given to soaps as readily as to nighttime dramas. The writers are forced to churn out 200 scripts a year, the directors don't actually direct and allow mistakes to go through and the actors don't really get time to rehearse. It's nice everyone has a job but artististry is not really to be found on soaps.

Archived