New here brief intro

Jecca

• Members

Hello, my name is Jecca and I'm a long time soap fan. I've lurked here for a year and have wanted to join and finally decided to go for it. I started watching soaps, in fact I remember a soap called Young Dr. Malone way back in the Stone Age, then The Doctors, which I watched with with my Mother. After that we got hooked on Another World and that lead into Days and I've been watching that since the first episode. Through the years I also watched OLTL, Ryan's Hope, Generations, Port Charles and GH. And a couple more that I can't remember. :) Right now I'm still with Days and GH, and keep my eye on AMC to see what Erica is up to, of course. My husband is retired and we have 3 grown children who are supposed to be out of our hair but keep coming back home to surprise us. We live in sunny Florida so maybe that's why, I hope that's why. :) Anyway, hello to everyone and I look forword to posting with all of you. I really like this board. ~Jecca

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nice to meet you Jecca. I hope you will tell us about your memories of Young Dr. Malone sometime. I love hearing about soap operas that I never got the chance to see. I was and still am a big fan of Another World and The Doctors was one of my favorite all time soaps too. I have also watched Days for many years too.

Glad to have you here.

• Members

Well, howdy!! Days was the first soap I ever watched and I was hooked since the first epi I watched. Of course, I haven't watched since the begining (lol)...only since 2001. I LOVE JAN SPEARS!! I also love One Life, so I'm glad you watch that....along with PC and GH :). Can't wait to post with you!!!

• Members

Hello Jecca! Welcome aboard! SON is a great place; I'm sure you'll love it here!

I see that you used to watch OLTL. That is my favorite soap, and have watched it for years now. It has it's ups and downs, but it's still pretty good.

Anywho, welcome to SON! :)

• Members

Excellent! I love having SON members who are knowledge about old soaps because they were there to see them first hand. I've loved just about everything I've read about Young Dr. Malone (I bet that Claire Bannister was a major trip!). I wish I had an episode of that series in my collection.

Welcome to SON!

• Members

You're a floridian?? lol That rocks. Nice to have someone who posts here from Florida. I was born in Florida (Miami) so I will always love it. You should visit Miami if you've never gone there. It's wicked awesum though the crime is really really bad. Hope you have fun here at SON just as we all do :D

• Members

Matt, I was in grade school when Young Doctor Malone came on the air, so I don't remember much. What remains with me was the real life couple of William Prince and Augusta Dabney as Dr and Mrs Malone. They both impressed me. Another stand out in my mind at that time was a 20-something, Diana Hyland, who came on the show as a spoiled rich !@#$%^&*] who stole the heart of young Dr. Malone. I remember asking my Mother is she was a nice lady and my Mom saying, "no." I followed Hyland's career up until her death because I liked her so much. She was a beautiful lady.

Archived