AMC: Uncasting News

• Members

Natalia Whatsherface (Anita) is finally out as per SOW.

Looks like, for a brief moment, someone at AMC decided to engage a few brain cells.

It's amazing she lasted this long. She started in February 2004 and basically has been nothing but a walk-on since a few months after that.

This is a step in the right direction........now Del, Greg, Josh, Aidan, Erin, Amanda, and Livia (if they aren't going to use her) need to go.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She's needed for that reason? Julia's barely even a front burner character at this point and generally disliked y the mass audience. Anita has done nothing, by decision of McTavish's writing, so why should they continue to pay her for non-appearances?

• Members

Aidan frontburner? Surely you're joking. Same with Erin.

And I didn't say they should be written out ASAP. Obviously story needs to be wrapped up first. But Ian Buchanan is a huge waste of money, unless he's doing this stint as a gift to pal Carruthers free of charge, which he's not. The money this guy must be raking in to walk around saying "you must leave PV". They should just re-use the same footage over and over and can him.

• Members

I personally think AMC has more people they never use than any other show on the air now. Many of them could have been put on recurring status years ago. It makes you wonder how in the world they have all this money to keep these folks on contract or to hire someone like Ian Buchanan when OLTL evidently doesn't. I mean OLTL from every indication (and they seem to be the only ABC show you hear it about) has big budget problems. I mean you hear it when Robin Strasser tries to renegotiate her contract each time about the money not being there. Also they have put several on recurring status including the great Catherine Hickland and Ilene Kristen. But yet AMC keeps many of these folks on contract, pick them up all the time, never use them, but yet there they are.

• Members

I don't really care one way or another. I never really liked her or disliked her either, for that matter. But this is certainly not surprising. When they sent Bobby packing, she had nothing left but a sleep-inducing romace with Aidan. As for Julia, I agree, she is quite boring, and she's really starting to come off as a ... One third of Santa's favorite saying.

• Members

Honestly, I think Anita had potential, but they lost her in the shuffle. It also didn't help that once she returned from maternity leave that she's been nothing but a glorified extra. I like Natalia and I hope she ends up on another soap. I wouldn't mind Mateo coming home for a bit though. And wtf is Rosa?

Archived