B&B: Casting news

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She burned a bridge with SONY. SONY has nothing to do with B&B. B&B is ALL Bell Productions.

SONY only deals with Y&R and DOOL. They license their shows. So VR can be cast on B&B easily. And SONY does not have too much of a problem with VR as she was DOOL not too long ago for a stint as an attorney. But I guess that was more of Corday's choice.

Steve Kent, a few costars at Y&R [supposedly Bergman, Khalil, and Scott], and TPTB at Y&R have issues with VR, hence blocking her return. It's all stupid at the end of the day. She's done no more than what Braden or Stafford has done.

Marcus is a bust IMO. Texas Battle and his struggle acting ruined any chance of me liking that character. Marcus always gave me the icky vibes of 'house negro' based on how TB played the role. Nope. He can stay gone.

But I liked Kristolyn. I think that she'd be OK with returning too if they had something for her to do.

• Members

I agree that Marcus (as played by Texas Battle) is a bust but wonders can be done with a good recast.

The largely negative reception to Khalil's Lily became almost universal praise once Davetta assumed the role & many viewers were happy about Shemar's return as Malcolm (despite HATING the character as played by Darius McCrary).

A solid recast (Cornelius Smith) with good writing & solid airtime would revitalize the character.

• Members

VR was on DOOL? When did that happen?

My gut reaction was that Nicole (first and last time I use her real name as she's Maya's sister) would be brought in for some sibling rivalry triangle with Carter, but she's awfully young. Not that that matters all that much on soaps. What are the chances of them bringing on an age appropriate black love interest for Newbiean?

• Members

Yes, please tell me when VR was on Days lol Granted, I don't follow Ria as much as others, but I never remember hearing about this, and a Google search is showing nothing.

Anyway, would y'all suggest tuning back into B&B at this point in time? I was in to it over the summer, and I liked some of the eps I saw last week during Thanksgiving.

Archived