Days: December 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Melanie was a total pit bull today when it came to Teresa. I hate it when characters stick their nose into other people's business and this was so random. Sure, Melanie had some points, but when someone you barely know asks you to leave them the f*ck alone, you do it.

Teresa lost me when she pushed Mel, although considering how many times she asked her to back off, I kind of understood. Brady is a grown ass man, he got himself trashed. I liked Maxine for playing fair today and not acting like Mel is a saint who can do no wrong. I do think they are trying to reset the character and I like it. Melanie is no good to me, if she's going to be Salem's sweetheart, but it looks like that's not where this is headed.

• Members

And they're taping five months ahead. He also knows where it's going. Not trying to argue and I see where you're coming from but I didn't at all get offended over his comments. He's really a very respectful guy but I think he's frustrated and so are the fans. The show is a hot mess and it's probably going to get worse. You can only toe the company lie and he shouldn't lie to fans saying it's wonderful if it isn't.

I hope no one really thought she'd be written as anything but the Salem sweetheart and sucking up all of the airtime along with Daddy Dr. Jesus.

• Members

I loved how they played Theresa vs Melanie. Mel was in no way innocent -- she wasn't wrong, in the sense that Theresa has really hurt people she loves, but she wasn't some completely innocent party, and I think the show addressed that well. They're definitely distinguishing her from, say, Abigail, which is good. It seems pretty clear that she's going to be a very flawed heroine, which I think is a good way to play her.

The Sonny/Paul stuff today was really strong, too.

No real opinion on Eric/Serena yet, but I don't hate her from the get-go (I do fear she'll be another Madison/Jordan), and it's a pleasure to see GV have something to do other than scream and yell about his inability to forgive Nicole.

The most shocking thing to me was that I didn't hate Jennifer and Daniel. I'm sure this is all some fakeout and they'll be back to teenage pining in no time, but if they were normally able to communicate and be pleasant and reasonable with each other like they were today, I wouldn't have an issue with them in the first place.

• Members

My god, Melanie was annoying. Girl, STFU! I felt like it was deja vu bc this is similar to her meeting Abby early on

What was the point of Jen and Daniel? It seems as if the show is putting them on the track to reunite and of course that means break up 2 days later. Ugh!

• Members

I didn't think so, but so far I think they are writing her as less than perfect. Sure, she's going to be on too much, but i can deal with that, if she's not going to be some little angel. So far, so good. People aren't automatically taking her side.

I see it the same way Michael.

• Members

By this reasoning, an actor could be forced to play any number of personally objectionable things. An actor like any other employee has a right to be unhappy with his job and express it publicly. And like for any other employee, that may not be so wise. I'm sure a Target employee is thankful for his job, but I would never tell him to shut up and be grateful when forced to work on Brown Thursday.

The look on baby Ari's face is cracking me up. It's like the gif of the little girl in the back seat next to her crying sister.

Abigail is dressed like an administrative assistant at ColbyCo and I'm loving it.

• Members

I'm a huge Melissa Archer fan, and I really didn't take any offense to GV's comments. I can understand why he thinks the story is forced. Like with most new character introductions, a lot of characters are sort of retrofitted to give the new character links to the canvas. It usually is awkward, and this is no different. Of course I like MA, and I think I really like Serena a lot based on what little I've seen of her. I honestly hope she's not tied to Eric for too long.

• Members

Well that is how it is, if you are under contract. You act what is written. You may not like it but you do it.

GV's comments were just odd timing to me since the story hadnt aired yet and it seemed like he wanted fans to dislike it too so he could be repaired with Nicole

Funny thing is im sure Nicole is a big part of this story anyway

Honestly I think GV has been upset ever since Days broke Eric & Nicole up after Eric found out how Nicole lied to Eric

Archived