Bill Cosby

• Members

I'm just tired of hearing about Cosby's grand all important LEGACY. As if that's somehow more important than reality. And enough about this concept that one person - one secret malevolent force - has somehow decided to target Cosby. The irony about conspiracy theories is that they are based on the idea that you can get a group of people to all agree to a set of ideas and actions then keep it to themselves. Can you imagine that in Hollywood of all places?! Are we supposed to believe that a culture that thrives on paparazzi pics of actors leaving Whole Foods without makeup that no member of this vast conspiracy has called a tabloid to say "Person X offered me money to lie about Bill Cosby?" Come on.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I found KKP's statement a little more on-message than others - her statement, inadvertently or not, can be read as mirroring Cosby's daughter and Phylicia Rashad (for shame, BTW) invoking the TV Dad we all knew and loved. I think that's troublesome and I fear that's going to continue to be the angle they are going to try and push to salvage him. Not that I think it can be done. The more people like Phylicia Rashad come out and call it a vast conspiracy, the better the odds that sooner or later someone is going to come forward with something even more damning.

• Members

Saying "forget these women" makes my skin crawl, because it just reinforces the general view in society of women who have been raped. Their stories are meaningless because the main focus has to be on Bill Cosby and a grand conspiracy against Bill Cosby, even though, truthfully, Cosby and his legacy have not had any particular sway in the last twenty years.

It's just shameful to dismiss them as nothing, and to laugh at them.

Two dozen women claim to have been drugged and raped, and they are meaningless compared to a "legacy" of scolding and pulling faces.

I'm going to take her advice and forget she ever existed.

• Members

I read something about how this may have been off the record (as she apparently said she didn't want to get involved)? If so I guess that would explain the bluntness. It still makes me feel dirty that she would say "forget these women." It's so dehumanizing.