• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Bloody-Disgusting, a longtime horror and genre site, of all places, is running what they call an "exclusive" - claiming, without much support, that both Sherilyn Fenn and Sheryl Lee are "joining Kyle MacLachlan" on the new series. I'm not linking it because there's honestly nothing to be seen but their assertion.

It's not news, per se; we already knew about Lee and we were pretty confident on Fenn. But maybe this site running with it in their backwards way is an indication that the network might be on the verge of officially announcing both, a la Kyle?

• Members

An interesting detail re: the persistent stories about Audrey and Mulholland Drive that I have somehow always missed, from an interview with Brad Dukes on his incredible TP oral history, Reflections:

I didn't realize it was planned in that way, and not as a spinoff. But stories vary, of course.

The weirdest Season 3 rumor I ever heard - besides the whole "planet/dimension of creamed corn/Sheriff Truman driving backwards through corn to reach MIKE and BOB's original world" thing - was Ted Raimi, who played the punk kid who Windom Earle kills and stuffs into a lifesize chess piece, claiming that the show wanted him to return for a third year as a preppy college student. Earle would escape the Lodge with evil powers, enslave Raimi's new character and imbue him with the spirit of the dead punk to use him as his familiar/henchman! What the !@#$%^&*]! I can only assume this was a kooky Harley Peyton or Bob Engels idea that got a little out of hand and I am glad that did not occur. (Along with the Audrey pregnancy by John Justice Wheeler, which a few people have claimed was a story possibility but which Sherilyn Fenn flatly refuses to acknowledge.)

• Members

Thanks for posting all this. I thought the whole thing with Earle's victims was silly stuff, but I wouldn't have minded some further exploration of it, if it had been done differently in season 3.

I hope they find the coat.

I was looking around on Youtube and found this gem from the dying years of the traditional variety show, when they all began to try to feign at acknowledging a counterculture. Andy Williams introduces the impossibly beautiful Peggy Lipton, and introduces his likely very, very confused middle-aged audience to the esoteric stream-of-consciouesness of Laura Nyro. The song is sort of a runaway train of tweeness, but Peggy gives it her all, and twirls like a champ.

Bonus of white-clad, angst-ridden background dancers which, if we squint enough and add a flannel jacket, we can headcanon as Norma and Ed.

(I kind of prefer this to Laura's to be honest, even if the arrangement is a mess)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DspN4T4NjHs

Edited by DRW50

• Members

That is a sort of backhanded joke at the end, I laughed. It did doom them.

When the show finally moved back to its old timeslot, they ran a special Wizard of Oz-themed promo where Cooper wakes up in bed at the Great Northern surrounded by Deputy Andy, the Log Lady, Catherine Martell, and the Man From Another Place, talking about his terrible dream of the show being moved to Saturday nights. "Saturdays, that is a bad dream!" Catherine cries. You can glimpse it below around 4:05 (part of Joel Bocko's great video essay). I'm not sure if it's on the Blu-Ray box - I am only slowly making my way through its legion of extras.

ETA: Aha! The original!

Edited by Vee