• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The UK TP Festival has been taking place annually since 2010 and I have been to each one. It is usually a mixture of screenings of episodes, FWWM or an alternative David Lynch movie. Some people dress up and there is a costume prize at the end of the evening but I have never stayed that late because it goes on until 1am.

The venue is decked out in a Twin Peaks/David Lynch theme, cherry pie and doughnuts are on offer as well. The event from 2010-2013 took place at the Riverside Studios in Hammersmith which is now closed for renovation.

The highlight is always the attendance by actors from the show, their Q+A with Tom Huddleston who is a reporter for TimeOut London and of course being able to line up for photos and have memorabilia signed.

The first year was truly hilarious because Julee Cruise attended and man was she loopy loo. She could barely hold a note and was definitely in her own world. When the Q+A took place she basically talked over Catherine Coulson (Log Lady) and Charlotte Stewart (Betty Briggs).

Al Strobel (the one armed man) and Kimmy Robertson (Lucy) were there. Both were very friendly and I remember standing in a group chatting to Al outside while he was having a smoke. During the Q+A and he re-enacted how they filmed the scene from FWWM with me where he is sitting amongst the circle of candles and says “Fire Walk With Me” as the candles light up. He has film that scene saying “Fire Walk With Me” backwards. He then taught the audience how to say it backwards.

I don’t have any particular stand out memories from this year.

Madchen Amick and Ian Buchanan were here this year! Madchen is so beautiful in person, she was in London to promote the Witches of East End and ended up combing her promo trip with the TP event. She was very sweet and friendly but I did get the impression she was a bit surprised by the fan interest in TP after all this time. Ian was just such a super gentleman.

For this first time the venue moved to the Genesis Cinema in Whitechapel (East London) and this was a larger venue as well so interest seems to be expanding.

Definitely the highlight so far with Sheryl and Dana in attendance. Both of them seemed so grateful to be there and really took their time to speak to all fans, post for photos and they must have been exhausted but never seemed annoyed or bored.

There was more extensive merchandise on sale last year as well and I have my Owl Cave lapel pin which I loved. I also picked up a 2015 TP calendar.

Looks like it is going to be a weekend event this year with the double celebration of 25 year anniversary and the return of TP in 2016. No announcement yet of guests! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Twin-Peaks-UK-Festival/124699790918093

Edited by daysgoby

• Members

A source over at the Dugpa forums apparently spoke to Kyle MacLachlan today at the Independent Spirit Awards - he said the scripts are looking great for Season 3, and that they plan to begin filming in late May/early June in both Washington State and parts of L.A., just like the original series. A great deal of the series post-pilot was filmed in wooded areas around L.A., carefully camouflaged to look like Washington; they worked a lot to make locales like Shelly and Leo's place, the area around the Double R or Big Ed's Gas Farm, etc. look like the original location. I assume they have more latitude to film in Washington then they did 25 years ago as an untested pilot for the network.

• Members

Yep, and tomorrow, around 4 in the morning, is the day Laura died.

I know some are speculating the show will make a move or some new announcement tomorrow morning, much as they made the original announcement last fall at the exact time Cooper tells Diane he is arriving in Twin Peaks. I doubt it, but we'll see.

• Members

I think you're right. It's an interesting idea though.

I was just thinking about those scenes where Mike begs Donna to help him warn Nadine off and Donna just laughs at him - it's so far away from the Donna of the first season (or Moira Kelly's Donna), but it's one of the times that the changes they made in Donna in season 2 did feel natural to me. It's too bad about all the rest...

• Members

I think Donna had just evolved past trying to force herself to be with a guy like Mike - who Laura tells her she doesn't even like - after Laura's death and being with James and so forth. I think there is a lot to like about her work in Season 2, when she isn't trying so hard to be smoldering and the It Girl. (Although her scenes with Harold are, I think, some of her best work on the show.)

• Members

Russ Tamblyn has been asked back as Dr. Jacoby for the new series. Provided he's well enough after his recent surgery, he will appear. I keep hoping Amber Tamblyn - a regular presence at TP events with him - will tag along. She's building quite a solid character actor career and has just gotten better and better as an adult actress.

A writer for Rue Morgue has released his unedited interview with Sheryl Lee from last year.

Carel Struycken (The Giant and Star Trek: The Next Generation's Mr. Homn) talks about his experience, and is hoping he'll be asked back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Sherilyn Fenn will be attending horror convention "Crypticon" in Seattle with Sheryl Lee this year, over Memorial Day Weekend, and both will take part in a special Q&A. Hopefully she's well and will give more definitive confirmation on her involvement in the new series, although Sheryl Lee and Dana Ashbrook all but tacitly confirmed it last fall IMO when discussing her. This is also around the time the new series is said to be filming.

Welcome to Twin Peaks posted this ancient trailer along with their news item on the con. I've never seen Meridian, but it looks like the kind of instant classic we've come to expect from Full Moon and Charles Band.

• Members

The kid who played Nicky, Joshua Harris, is interviewed in Brad Dukes' extremely indispensable book (now for free on Kindle Unlimited!). He's now a pretty busy producer or something. Like me at nearly the same age at that time, he was already a big fan of the show when he got the part.

Oddly enough, the Nicky subplot is one of the few parts of her story for much of Season 2 which Kimmy Robertson says she liked (she also loved Ian Buchanan, so it's hard to be clear what exactly she objected to so much as their being stuck in that silly triangle). I liked Nicky simply because they showed an actual child existed in town other than Donna's sisters, but the infamous "devil" scene is still unforgivable. The story does, however, feature Molly Shannon in a very early role as a social worker.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Maybe she didn't like the pregnancy story, or all the time Lucy spent whining or being far on the outside of her own story.

I'd also totally forgotten that Norma's stepfather was around through the end of that Renault storyline.

Unfortunately I did not manage to block out any of Ben Horne shouting his way through mental illness.

Edited by DRW50