DAYS: National preemption for Thursday, July 17

• Members
"DAYS OF OUR LIVES" IS NATIONALLY PREEMPTED ON THURSDAY, JULY 17...EPISODES FROM JULY THROUGH NOVEMBER TO ALL BE PUSHED BACK ONE DAY
Due to continuing NBC News coverage of the Malaysian Airlines plane crash, "Days of Our Lives" is preempted nationally on Thursday, July 17. Episode # 12381, set to air today, will now air tomorrow, and the rest of the episodes from July through November will all be pushed back one day. This means that Eileen Davidson's return to "Days" will now be on Monday, July 28 (and all of the Friday "cliffhangers" for the next four-and-a-half months will now air on Mondays). The writers may have time to adjust December episodes so that the Christmas Eve and Christmas Day episodes will air on the correct day and "Days" should be back on schedule at some point in December.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
they do that and they lose most of the advertising dollars for the episode. Considering how low the budget already is, they cant afford to not make as much money as possible per episode. That trumps a Friday cliffhanger. The show has been so good that they have cliffhangers mid week so I don't think its that big of an issue.

• Members

They air it late night for some pre-emptions, but I think know this far in advance they just jumped ahead of it and decide to air next day. Though, I doubt we're going to miss Friday cliffhangers for long. I seem to remember some episodes a few months back that seemed as if they were missing scenes. I'm pretty sure they edited episodes to catch up to Fridays and will again.

Though with the cliffhangers happening lately -- this week in particular -- any of them could air on a Friday...

• Members

I don't think there's much editing, and with the episodes having already been taped until early December, I doubt we'll be back on schedule until sometime in December. A good place to check will be the September 19 episode, which will now be the September 22 episode. Greg Vaughan tweeted the script cover with the cast/set list for Friday, September 19 awhile back. If that episode now airs on Monday, September 22 instead we'll know that no editing was done between the July 18 and September 22 episodes. Also, another good indicator are the cast credits. They will now be a on a "Tuesday through Monday" schedule, listing the guests who will be on the Tues/Wed/Thu/Fri/Mon episodes. Until they get back to the regular Monday-Friday schedule, we'll know no editing has been done.

• Members

This.

But to be fair, the shows should be writing every day with a cliffhanger. Doesn't have to be a major one all the time but at least with Reilly he made an effort to have constant cliffhangers, even if you knew nothing would come of them most of the time.

Archived