Erika Slezak interview: One Life to Live

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The larger interview is at the link to her website, it's in PDF format.

I like that she's sitting around watching old episodes of Doc Martin on Netflix. She's more like my mom than ever, except my mother is big on the Sharpe, Hornblower, etc. series.

I understand why Erika, who has always been a little traditionalist (including in the Linda Gottlieb days), would feel as she did about the new approach online, and I agree that there was a bit too much of the club and the music on occasion. But I don't think it got away from soap opera or from OLTL. I do think they did change it up, as she says, very fast, and I think she's right that that did throw people who were trying to tune in. But I also think change needed to be done - perhaps with a bit more moderation. I also think they did her right on the show.

I love her so much, and miss her terribly. She was and is my TV mom.

• Members

If SONY were smart. they would find a role for her on Days (Laura Horton) Or Young & Restless ( Joanna Manning. Dina Abbott, Lydia Summers). She would be an asset to both shows.. Not sure how she would fit in at B&B, however, she needs to avoid GH.

• Members

She's a woman of a certain age who's done a soap for almost fifty years. She definitely doesn't need to work anymore, but she loves to work. I dunno if she'll get anything, but who can blame her for going out?

Brian Kerwin talked recently about trying to get her to do more NY theater. I would pay for that.

• Members

I always wondered why she didn't do many side projects while was on OLTL. Tons of soap stars have a simultaneous theater/Broadway career or a guest-starring career in primetime. Her resume isn't very accomplished outside of OLTL, which is probably what's hurting her.

No one outside of daytime knows or cares who she is. She just doesn't have the name recognition.

Archived