Tyra Banks: New talk show

YRBB

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually liked the Tyra Show as she followed in the footsteps of Donahue, Oprah, Sally, etc., she addressed social issues. In all honesty, I think she got cancelled (after a 5 season run, which better than most of these hosts nowadays) because society was becoming pop culture heavy and preferred talk shows that addressed them constantly (i.e. The View). I feel like now that people are growing tired of shows like that, they'll be more receptive to Tyra's show if she comes back with the same format. She better not come back like Ricki Lake, who should've stuck with her original format, and come back with a lifestyle type talk show. It'll fail instantly.

Tyra girl, we want social issues and messiness! Bring it on! tongue.png

• Members

I thought she had one around 2000 or 2002. I might be mistaking her with someone else.

I remember things like, "I want to be straight!" and "I'm only gay because I get paid money!" and other Jenny Jones-esque trash. I guess if she wants to go back to that it would fill some niche not around in talk today, but the description sounds like more lifestyle tips. I'm not sure those are her strong suit.

• Members

I think those types of shows became self-parody and you could kind of see the acting, but they do have a fanbase, as Dr. Phil (unfortunately) proves.

I wish we could see a brand new type of talk show, but I know that won't happen.

The best I can settle for at this point is this isn't yet another talk show that tells us how real parents don't vaccinate their children.

Archived